Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

I registered ON September 15th - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 PM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

I am here due to the link on Impeached's signature at HG.

I didn't even knew that there was a beta before I found this place. (Yeah, call me uninformed )

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

JDmino has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadachim View Post
I am here due to the link on Impeached's signature at HG.

I didn't even knew that there was a beta before I found this place. (Yeah, call me uninformed )
What's your HG username?
Old 09-24-2009, 04:28 PM

The same as here.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:01 PM

Aceinthehole has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
As for our active forum members (active with-in the last 6 months) - rest assured you have the priority, both to the last stages of closed beta, and open beta as well.
Could you please define active? I had signed up for the forums several months ago just so I could check information on the game. You can see from my post count that I don't really talk much on the forum. I do however try to check the forum at least once if not twice a week to see what all is up. I'm not sure if that falls within your definition of active.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I believe that being active is posting constructive things that add to a discussion, for how much, 1-2 posts a week should be more than enough after a while.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

that right u better keep your word! jk ftw of having a beta spot
Old 09-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

LordChaoticus has a default reputation

Personally, I'm not really bothered with the fact to "get into beta". I'm not saying I don't want to be in beta, but rather that if I enter beta I will do what is asked and expected from a tester. I would've signed up on the forums, even if there wasn't a promise.

A lot of people (I'm not pointing, mind you) try to enter beta no matter what, just to try the game. While it is an aspect of beta that people can actually play and how they like it, they often see it as a preview. Instead of a test. The negative aspect of promising people access, is a influx of people who sign up just to get in and "play a free game", instead of people who genuingly want to test and help.

I've noticed this trend becoming larger and larger these days, as a lot of major MMO's hosted beta's which are actually advertising and previews. This has unfortunately led to the point, that there are people who think beta's are a preview.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordChaoticus View Post
Personally, I'm not really bothered with the fact to "get into beta". I'm not saying I don't want to be in beta, but rather that if I enter beta I will do what is asked and expected from a tester. I would've signed up on the forums, even if there wasn't a promise.

A lot of people (I'm not pointing, mind you) try to enter beta no matter what, just to try the game. While it is an aspect of beta that people can actually play and how they like it, they often see it as a preview. Instead of a test. The negative aspect of promising people access, is a influx of people who sign up just to get in and "play a free game", instead of people who genuingly want to test and help.

I've noticed this trend becoming larger and larger these days, as a lot of major MMO's hosted beta's which are actually advertising and previews. This has unfortunately led to the point, that there are people who think beta's are a preview.
I totally agree with you, but you do need all kinds of people to play you game. I think it's good to have people who knows what a play test is to get curtain of feed back. I also think its good to have people who think they are just playing the game as these people will help out a lot as they will be the ones who mostly play games. most people who play games don't even know the work that goes into them. Trust me I know, I get some criticism about going to school to be a game designer they think I play games all day. A lot of people think that developers pull a game out of their ass and then play it for the next two years.

sorry if I went off topic it just bothers me on how many people think how making a game is easy.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:19 PM

I agree with you.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:

I actually just signed up another account just to join my own side.
Well, I would have, if it weren't for the 'Personally'! Haha