Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Great Co-Op Match Finding Info - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 04:26 PM

macpharlan has a default reputation
Default Great Co-Op Match Finding Info

Devs gave good info on how the co-op match making works, thought it worth sharing:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8988

Here is the info minus the picture:

Army Strength is not just how many units there are, but is calculated based on the number, type and level of units in the army.

In the selected army window, the strength appears at the top near the name

The person you are inviting to CoOp must have a strength value that is within 50% to 200% of your strength value. We were going to change it when we changed the PvP range (to 90% to 110%), but decided to leave a wide range for CoOp

For example, if your strength is 240 they must have a strength of 120 to 480

When you are inviting the player by name (case sensitive), their army must be in the same region - e.g. you are inviting them to a quest in Rollingplain, their army must be in Rollingplain.

If you are inviting a random player, they can have their army in neighbouring regions.

The player you are inviting must be in their homeland or on the world map, and not in a quest, at a town merchant, viewing their army, managing their camps, etc.

The invited player must not have Attack Protection on (prevents the army from being registered for multiplayer), but the player issuing the invitation can have it on (their army is temporarily registered to do the search)

To arrange a CoOp match -

You need to:
- tell the other player the region the quest/city is in
- tell the other player your army strength
- enter the player's username (case-sensitive) for CoOp search

They need to:
- not have Attack Protection on
- have an army in the same region as the quest/city
- have an army within 50% to 200% of yours

We'll look at ways of making this easier (e.g. drop-down box of friends names) and providing mode information (e.g. saying what strength range/region is being searched)
Old 05-14-2014, 11:58 AM

Default co-op quests still not working

The search by name still does not work for co-op quests.

I tried several variations with my son (sitting on a computer next to me), both armies have protection off, both in same region near same spot

Both armies near the same strength (495, 475). Invite by name, message not suitable army

Split one army (300, 175), keeping both in same region. Invite by name, message not suitable army

Split other army (250, 245), use one of the smaller armies, invite by name, message not suitable army.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:07 PM

Default Fixed

Ok I feel sheepish, I figured out what was wrong. When I invite someone I did not realize I had to select my army at that point, I was just inviting them so my army was always empty. The error message did not hint that my army was empty