Still missing FoW - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 05:54 AM

aramsm has a default reputation
Default Still missing FoW

Hello guys,

Has been a while I didnt come here.
I saw your work tracking and fixing bugs, plus the new expansion and I would like to congrats the dev team. I also want to congrats for the awesome communication that you have with your community.

Although most bugs are gone now, I still see that fog of war is not working since I can see my enemy's troops. For a strategy game this is a crucial feature since we cant make ambush and use some strategies to get advantage because the enemy can see our moves.

Is there any hope to see that working? Because without that win who most have good troops.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:27 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We had fog of war in-game long time ago - during beta days, but most players complained and asked us to disable it. We might consider bringing it back in the future, but not at this point.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Reaver has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
We had fog of war in-game long time ago - during beta days, but most players complained and asked us to disable it. We might consider bringing it back in the future, but not at this point.
Fog of war would be too abusive with how big the maps are, someone could just run around the map and hide and wait out the timer, that would be mad annoying! it's hard enough when someone does that with a max speed dragon, but without actually being able to see the units it would be close to impossible.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:59 PM
DoF Moderator

Asylum has a default reputation

Dear player,

I hear your complaint, but as previously mentioned by the player above me we had to many people abuse FOW. That is why we removed it from game, and I honestly don't see us readding the FOW back unless we can figure out a way to balance it so players are not hiding all day tell the clock runs out. This is how it used to be abused and they would always win the match because of it. So, we hear your complaint and will try our best to make you happy, but at this moment we can't promiss it will be readded do to the past abuse of the system.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Reaver has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
Dear player,

I hear your complaint, but as previously mentioned by the player above me we had to many people abuse FOW. That is why we removed it from game, and I honestly don't see us readding the FOW back unless we can figure out a way to balance it so players are not hiding all day tell the clock runs out. This is how it used to be abused and they would always win the match because of it. So, we hear your complaint and will try our best to make you happy, but at this moment we can't promiss it will be readded do to the past abuse of the system.
Dear Admin,

Your account seems to have been hacked by an automated response bot, please sheiofnmgsgmghmhpejmhemrphmhr bfft bfft bfft bfft der der hnnnnnnnnggggg

Old 04-26-2014, 01:11 PM

nightovizard has a default reputation

Fog Of War would break the gameplay as it is right now. But maybe, it would be a nice idea if there was a unit with the ability to create a fog of war for the enemy player, during some minutes. It should be strictly balanced though. But at least this way you couldn't hide your units forever, and there would be some kind of FOW. The only thing is that it would need a lot of limitations so players don't overuse that ability.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:04 PM
DoF Moderator
Sorcerer

gorgos96 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Dear Admin,

Your account seems to have been hacked by an automated response bot, please sheiofnmgsgmghmhpejmhemrphmhr bfft bfft bfft bfft der der hnnnnnnnnggggg

hahahhaha
Old 04-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

is over 9 thousand?

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing