Huge PVP technical issue. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 11:20 AM

Hamm3R has a default reputation
Default Huge PVP technical issue.

Hello,

I noticed something really strange since the patch 25D was out :

the more i was playing PVP, the more it became obvious that all the opponents i was facing were really easy to beat, making weird moves that were not relevant at all, such as right-clic moving the whole army throught the map, letting me kill everything during their long travel without reaction, or standing still with their whole army in the middle of the map and let me ruin it with mage's AOE without any reaction either.

After a few pvp battles like this, i was starting to think that i was the only good player left out there, that i was god like etc etc xD

After then, i started a new pvp battle where my opponent opened the dialogue box and told me "hey, try to move your units, not like the last time i fought you"

I was pretty confused about that statment and figured out that i played him yesterday and that obvioulsy, since i was the battle god of mythador, he must have been mistaken or under some narcotics effects.

We play the battle, I pwn him hard as usual, he played silly moves and didnt seem to pay many attention to what was happening on the battlefield.

Then we started to discuss the battle we just had : and what a surprise when i discovered we didnt seem to play the same battle AT ALL !

First of all, he told me he just had an easy win ... i was like " hu ?! i am the one wo had an easy win !!" => the game registered a win for both of us.

Then we started to relate every action that occured during the fight, and once again, We didnt play the same battle at all : i killed some of his units that he never seen dying, same for him he told me he killed my mage and my dragon right at the begining of the game whereas i used them for 30 mins on the battlefiled ... well actually they never died ! None of my unit did either.

Overall we kept going from surprises to astonishment when we realised that every action the other player did was not reflecting on the other player's screen, like if my army was played by some really dumb AI for him and vice-verca ...

And since then, everysingle pvp battle i had was the same deal.

FYI all theses battles were played with armies betwenn 1300 & 1500 strong If it can be of any help.

I dont know if many other player are experiencing this issue, but its starting to get really frustratiing =(.

Also I'm not sure if its a bug but appart from one single arranged battle, i was never attacked on my vassal cities or could attack one yet, the few times i could seem to find an opponent when i tried to siege NPC towns with the pvp options, the research finally timed out and the game crashed.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:03 PM
DoF Moderator

Wilffio has a default reputation

thank you very much for reporting this, i will contact the devs asap and talk to them about these bugs, could you be kind to attach your log files to this document aswell? we sorry that this has happend, and we will do our best to fix it as soon as possible.

/Wolf
Old 04-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Posting Log Files
If it is a more technical error, such as a menu loading improperly, we would appreciate your game log. This is automatically written and stored locally, and tells the QA Team exactly what was being processed at the time of the encountered bug.

This file is saved in your default DOF directory under the name of Log1.txt.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of Fantasy"
If you are not running the game on Steam, screenshot will be in this folder instead: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reverie World Studios\Dawn of Fantasy"

In some case you might want to attach all of your available Log files, they are located in the same folder named Log1.txt, Log2.txt, Log3.txt, Log4.txt and Log5.txt,

To attach your log file - while you are replying or making a new post you will see a field titled "Attach Files" in the Additional Options box below the text box. Click the "Manage Attachments" button below, and you will now be able to upload a variety of files. Select "Choose File" and select the file you wish to attach, before selecting the "Upload" button to finish the task.

If you don't see "Attach Files" or "Manage Attachments" you might be doing a quick reply, in which case you will need to click on "Go Advanced"

Forwarding to the boss asap!Thank you for this ketch!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:44 PM

allright, i attached the 5 logfiles to this repply, I hope they are the good ones.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (3.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log2.txt (155.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Log3.txt (61.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log4.txt (122.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log5.txt (108.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2014, 04:53 PM

Goddessa has a default reputation
Default Add something to this

I fought him after D and right before E patch and I killed his red dragon,his wizard,his royal and all of his troops that were still behind his wooden camp walls and I thought it was strange myself as he ran his calvary out I killed them then he ran his red out I killed it and then his wiz who never took a shot.
Then ran to his open gates and killed his royal while his wardens were heading up my way like they were collecting his dead as none of my troops died his army was over 1500 and they were wiped not even a cart was left.

I think this is part of that pvp bug that's been going around that you don't get crowns for and it never actually declares a victor even though your guys are doing the victory cheer. On the upside I did get 27k gold from looting his dead troops and dragons.

Goddessa
Old 04-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

seams a huge desyncronization problem. i will bring up this problem to the team asap

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-23-2014, 10:43 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

Ran some tests myself. Log of dsync from my opponent and myself.

Notes: I canceled preparation timer and my opponent still had his going. Game did not start till his preparation timer had ended even though I had canceled it.

Game carried on like I was playing the AI. He had victory way before I had finished off his units though the game continued as if he didn't have victory (Didn't declare victory on my game). After he logged off the game just did a stutter loop. I exited the game with a victory since he did not get a victory on my dsynced version.

I basically had lost no units and pretty much destroyed his army. His version he did the same to me.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log2_Dysnc_Langor.txt (89.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log1_Dysnc_Zander.txt (34.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-24-2014, 10:05 AM

Yup, i remember playing vs godessa a few times, and on my side, i wiped out his whole army too but i guess it was the same for him.
On a sidenote, i always get the gold from looting too, but the first clue that made me think there was smth wrong is the fact that even when my opponents left the battle, i was not receiving any pay off.

Indeed it pretty much looks like some big problem of desynchronisation.

Note : i always get the crowns from my "stolen" victories, and for the example I gave you, he had them too.

As far as i can remember, the last normal pvp match i had was versus Konstantine the day before patch D release when he was running around to test out siege battles with the new expansion, he sieged my smallest town and everything ran pretty smoothy.

Last edited by Hamm3R : 04-24-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

kingdominic has a default reputation

I also had a fight against Hamm, the one that told him to move his units this time lol. While fighting him found it strange how almost his entire army stood in his camp almost throughout the pvp fight. Even while I was burning down his camp with my archers. I found it strange how he was only sending one unit at me to fight. I never really put 2 and 2 together just thought he was inexperience.. though after a discussion with him I realize how wrong I was and how it felt like we were in the same pvp match yet fighting two different fights. Just wanted to my 2 cents into it and hope this bug is fixed in the next patch. Which I have much hope that the devs team can do that ^^. I will also like to thank the dev team for all their hard work and effort in making this game the best it can be, I appreciate yall hard work and look forward to when this game become the best of this genre :P.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:32 PM

distantvoice has a default reputation

had fights against hamm kingdomonic goddessa in fact pretty much every1 and same probs happens a lot, and not new me and svulanr had this victory to both sides thing at least 6 months ago
just out it down to a bug at the time and forgot about it
last week or so its happened at least 8 times to me
lastest is above with log files
me playing Zander against langor