Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Road to Empire! Our Biggest Expansion Yet! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light
Default Road to Empire! Our Biggest Expansion Yet!

Conquer the world for fun and profit

It has almost been a year since we have launched on Steam! We are very excited to announce these new features as they will change the game in many different ways. We have been listening to the community not only in the forums but also on metacritic and followed up with many updates thanks to you, the players. The team has been working hard to make the game completely bug free for the experience you expect and deserve.

We are finally ready to share the biggest news since Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars launched - the upcoming release of the Empire expansion. The massive Empire expansion completely reinvents the gameplay - changing Kingdom Wars from a local city building game, into massive empire building simulation. And in tune with our company values and tradition - this expansion is absolutely free! This is a way for us to give back to the community that has supported us over the years, sticking with us through the bugs and lag, and aided us in polishing and improving the game.

Empire’s main feature is greatly expanding the scope and length of the game. In Empire, players will get the opportunity to literally take over the world - commanding a huge military, political and economic empire that covers the entire game world - from the human Southmount Mountains to the desolate deserts of Brakental. While players still start the game with one town, the ultimate goal would be fighting to create and maintain an empire of up to 30 towns, that players capture, control and defends.
And the best part - the second major feature of Empire - we are greatly expanding the PvP concept of the game - now players will fight other players for control of all the large towns on the world map, with town control shifting between players based on the outcome of the battle.

We would like to finish this announcement with thanking the community for posting comments on a variety of social sites and we are trying our best to provide the best experience for our players.

Without further ado, here is the upcoming expansion:

Patch 24

Bug free game?

With the countdown to the Empire release our team put all the efforts into making sure we squeeze the last remaining bugs left in-game, as well as greatly increasing performance. To this effort we are releasing Patch 24 - ‘the patch to end all patches’. Part A of this patch was released last week, with the final Part B - scheduled to be released next week. And the difference is truly remarkable:

* We have greatly improved PvP and CoOp experience - eliminating virtually all multiplayer lag, fixing almost all out of sync issues, and improving countless other things related to PvP and CoOp

* As part of 24 B - we are fixing the last remaining issues with rare cases of missing units, crowns, resources or resetting unit stats. We understand how annoying these bugs were and we hope these issues will be a thing of the past

* Countless other fixes and improvements from pathfinding, to new orc player stronghold designs, and so much more.

Our goal with Patch 24 is to fix the game for good - and we are proud to say we are almost there. Please judge for yourself and give it a try.

We may also hire another mod team with the increase of players. As an actual job with payments. More info to come soon.

We look forward to seeing everyone in-game.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 03-14-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:05 PM
DoF Moderator

Skyblade has a default reputation

I love empire management :D
Old 03-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Reaver has a default reputation

this sounds amazing! this def sounds like an expansion of epic proportions, btw if your hiring with intent to pay i will quit my job tomorrow and spend 12 hours a day on this game :)
Old 03-13-2014, 11:44 PM
DoF Moderator

Asylum has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
this sounds amazing! this def sounds like an expansion of epic proportions, btw if your hiring with intent to pay i will quit my job tomorrow and spend 12 hours a day on this game :)

Reaver, keep an eye out for open application don't quit your day job yet.

Last edited by Asylum : 03-13-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

Svulnar has a default reputation

It is time for me to resurrect my old siege force...Goblins are useful, but they are not...optimal...for sieging... It is time to rebuild and await for the signal fires to be lit...
Old 03-14-2014, 03:02 AM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

As always, great news. Good job Reverie. It will be really exciting to try whole new world of DoF!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Onomas has a default reputation

Will you be adding the option of AI armies coming and laying siege to our towns? I like that about the single player game, wish it would be in the multiplayer. Have the AI fight back with armies and wreck havoc on our economy. Would open up a lot of different strategy and making a kingdom of 20+ towns mean more (protection wise).
Old 03-14-2014, 12:11 PM

nightovizard has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomas View Post
Will you be adding the option of AI armies coming and laying siege to our towns? I like that about the single player game, wish it would be in the multiplayer. Have the AI fight back with armies and wreck havoc on our economy. Would open up a lot of different strategy and making a kingdom of 20+ towns mean more (protection wise).
So AI armies randomly attack our towns? I think that's not necessary at all since players already attack you. The reason why AI armies attack you in singleplayer is because there are no other players than you.

Despite that I think the devs could sometimes make some kind of events, for example a HUUGE AI army attacks some official game city, and then players can go defend it. I would like to see events in DOF. Maybe related with invasions of the AI.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:24 PM
DoF Moderator
Sorcerer

gorgos96 has a default reputation

Will there be any changes with the crown rewards from sieges
Old 03-14-2014, 02:47 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgos96 View Post
Will there be any changes with the crown rewards from sieges
I can't speak on behalf of the expansion, but 1.24b will have a revamp of crown rewards for current sieges.