Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Help Me!!!! My Royal Has Gone AWOL!!! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 PM

Goddessa has a default reputation
Default There's a bug still

but I am going to try and re-download the game (as it's on Steam now) and use it straight from you and see if it helps. Even though it may be a random bug it's happening every 5-10 minutes that I'm actually trying to do something, and every time I take one of my armies to my main city it locks up and I have to manually CRTL ATL DEL to get out of it and shut it down through task mgr. So maybe this will straighten out the random bug. If not I'll definitely be contacting somebody for help
Old 03-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Goddesa,

Can you please give me exact steps on how to make the game lock-down. Like which army to I bring to homecity? Do I transfer all the troops? The more details the better - I think reinstalling the game won`t fix it - this must be some odd bug effecting late game. With your help we can fix it.

Oh and for your help, I`ll be sure to include some bonus codes Really appreciate ur help.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:55 PM

Default My routine

When I first log on it goes as follows:
1.Of course you are brought into your main city when you log on.
2.I usually check on resources that are in the city (capacity lmt.)
3. Move to world map and click on my camp that is carts only (camp #7)
4. Then click on neighboring resource camps that I have stationed around the carts camp so that they never have to move. I don't know if others do this but I only have my carts on the move.
5. Once I go from camp to camp(camp 5,6,8 and 9 are res camps 7 is my carts)moving resources to my carts (this takes two trips usually) I sell the res to neighboring cities in Bol'forest'l.
6. Once I have collected the gold from the res sales I go to my main city with my carts to offload the gold and to pick up any overflowing res there and sell it. (This where my trouble started last night. Army/camp 7 with carts moves to my city. I click on my city tab at top left corner it pops up my city and I click on the transfer tab. #7 army/camp is shown and I click on it. so now army 7 and my city are both showing. Then it flickers,stutters then freezes completely.)
This happened quite a few times last night and even though you said we would chalk it down to a random bug. I had all of my household watch me last night to see if maybe I was doing something wrong. They could find nothing out of the ordinary and that it should of been an easy transfer.

I will say that I was able to finally get my main army #4 camped (it only froze once on that as I had to get wood for the camp. I first tried from main city and it froze, then I tried it from one of the res camps and was able to get wood ).
It really does seem that the bug is not in the camps but the city itself. If it clears up or not I will most definitely let you know.
I did go ahead and move from steam to direct client last night and finished the download this morning before I went to work. I have not opened it up yet so here goes.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:11 PM

Default You were right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just started.
The game loaded fine was able to take resources out of city and was sending to neighboring city with my carts. Then I went back to city tab and clicked on army tab to make that tenth army so I could get some paid training and it froze.

It's definitely in the city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping against all hope that transferring to your client even though I know it's connected to steam that it would fix it.

I really do hate to put all of you through so much bother on this but this is my game now too and I've GOTS TO HAVE MY DAWN OF FANTASY FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:38 AM

Default I think I have it figured out?

And this may be a good or bad thing and it may be easy to fix on your side or it maybe something you can get rid of in the future.

This is how I have managed to go around the bug and function last night.
This is also what leads be to believe it not to be a bug in my city but actually a bug in the quick tab to my city in the upper left hand corner and here's the scenario:
Okay you come into your city on start-up of course and if your like me you have res that needs to be transferred yada yada yada....

So you go to your world map to get your transports to carry your res or you need to transfer troops from your army to your city or the other way around.
Once on the world map you have your city and army quick tabs in the upper left hand corner and the city world map tab in the lower right corner.
One naturally uses the quick tabs when transferring anything...........

What I have found is that if I choose an army and send it to my city and hit the city quick tab to pull up the transfer button it freezes right after the army and city pop up each and every time it is done through the city quick tab. After going in and out a few times as a result of the game freezing up. I went a new approach:
1. Click on army quick tab that you want to use and direct it to your city.
2. Once it's there just click on one of your other army tabs and then click back to the army that is in the center of your city now. Doing this erases any memory of the other armies that said army might of crossed paths with to get to the city.
3.Presto!!!!!!!!!! Army has been clicked, transfer button has been clicked from the army tab, my city pops up, army pops and transfer is now fully capable. No more lost armies,no more lost res due to freezing.

So as I said it's a temporary fix for me and it work's but the bug I believe is in the quick tab and not in the city at all.

Let me know what you think? Is there the possibility of the city quick tab actually having a bug/glitch that might cause this and if so is there a way to fix it or even a way to go around the city quick tab and do away with it in the future or creating a more stable tabbing system?

As far as using my armies and fighting with them I've had no issues on the quests or solo sieges. I have not however co-oped a siege with anyone since this bug happened so tonight I'll try that with a friend of mine, but I'm pretty confident that it is solely in the city quick tab
Old 03-16-2014, 12:26 PM

Default Transferred 10th army!!!

Transferred 10th army back into the city and it went fine.
Went to remake 10th army from city and I know of no other way to bypass the city quick tab for this.
Used the tab transferred royal again,dragonslayer,some mounted grandmasters and whatnot to make room for a wizard and some dwarven troops so I could put them in the 10th army as well. After the army was made,here it goes again it froze the game, waited for 5-7 minutes hoping it might unfreeze to no avail and had to manually shut down game. Went back in and no 10th army on the quick tab and those troops are in limbo again. I have had no issues with my city and my other armies even on co-ops while not using the city quick tab.

If I knew of a way of creating a quick army without having to do the tedious job of having to break up a current army to create another one and then go back in and transfer troops from the city that way I sure would use it but it looks like that's the only way I am going to be able to make a 10th army in the future.

Don't worry about the troops I'll get them replaced as that is not the issue the bug is !!!!!!!!!!!!
I am including all log files from the last 24 hours for you to look at.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (6.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt Log2.txt (32.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt Log3.txt (104.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt Log4.txt (153.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt Log5.txt (29.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-17-2014, 07:07 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Sorry I haven`t replied for so long. Been away this weekend. I`m looking at this and should have detailed reply for you tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:10 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

Hello Goddessa,

Just an update for you. I have been able to replicate your 10th army bug and am still investigating everything else you have posted about your town. We should hopefully have this fixed no later than next week. Its a pretty complicated issue. If you have anymore updates or questions for us please post them here as I will be monitoring this thread closely as I continue work through this issue. Thank you for your patience.

PS: Awesome town and set up!
Old 03-19-2014, 01:54 PM

Default I thank all of the Mods and Developers for there help

on this. As of now that really is my only bug issue. I thank you for the compliment on my city, it's my first ...... but won't be my last. Have played many MMO's and many RTS games but never a combo.

You all have really stumbled on to a combo that really works and I've been hooked from day one!!! I am grateful that my other game closed down as it gave me the chance to go looking for something interesting.

The development team and mods are really attentive on here and on the game (don't lose that as you start to stretch this game to it's limits). The game is awesome and has great potential but remember that it is this one on one connection that keeps your fan base thriving.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:30 PM

Thank you for the kind words, and with Langor working on this - we`ll definitely have this figure out and fixed in the upcoming patch next week.