Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

The persistent world... - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I think it will work like the latter thing you said Haeso, or once you complete a quest, you go into open war with a certain race, along with everyone else who has done the quest.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Let me add to this aswell, Your home city is able to create several armies, each army can add or disband any of your units within other armies or homecity, transfer resources back and forth between armies and your homecity.

Armies can travel around the (2d) world map and pitch camps ( takes some resources depending on the size of the camp you decide to make.) and then/or view the army where its located in the world map at anytime. Other players or NPC creeps may then attempt to raid your camp or what not, alot of things can happen including hiring new mercenaries that are home to that region (different regions have different mercenaries to hire.)

Your army is able to travel around and visit major cities such as Dagbor, a massive human city that has a large river canal designed right through it.

You receive some special quests from large AI cities such as Dagbor later on at a higher level. Or attack some of these large NPC strongholds to complete unique quests.

You might be able to visit your allies' Homecities' even. (completely unconfirmed) (I would not want my ally to come and steal my goldmines or cut down my forests,,,)

Or just attack enemy strongholds and or raid their nearby camps for loot.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Cool, but hows about if you could toggle which allies you would like to let visit your homecity, might be worth it or not, your choice ;p.

Also, will we be able to trade things like armor, potions etc for gold and such, or is it purely the exchange of the 4 basic resources?

Last edited by sneaky_squirrel : 09-13-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I know that you will(at least sort of) be able to trade units, in a sense. Someone could pay you some money and you use a certain amount of units to help and protect the buyer in his various endeavors.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, that's awesome.
*posts at dofsource*
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post

You might be able to visit your allies' Homecities' even. (completely unconfirmed) (I would not want my ally to come and steal my goldmines or cut down my forests,,,)
Thats what make you decide whose your really ally and whose not =) (ally would not do that).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:46 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
Thats what make you decide whose your really ally and whose not =) (ally would not do that).
I'd totally strip mine and deforest an allies land, what're friends for if not mooching off of them!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
U got it Litos!

Well, lets say war between Humans and Orcs is declared. Player recieves a quest to visit the capital city where the war is explained and announced through a cinematic.

Human and Orcish players can now attack each other (before they couldn`t do this on a large scale)

Player would also be given several Player vs Player quests to move forward the story of this war. One of these quests can involve creating an alliance and going after one of large enemy NPC towns.
oh man that sounds freaking awsome
Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 AM

Ziegler has a default reputation

That didnt answer how the story progresses though.
Is it a single player quest, or does it take faction points to complete the quest (X amount of completions by the faction of that scenario to advance the plot)

Will we be able to conquer and take control of the NPC cities?

Game sounds interesting from a first glance, will be reading up on it more.

And scenario designers...if only it hadnt been 5+ years.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Progression in the story is per player. As far as global story progression we can`t comment on that yet.