Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

MMORTS mode or standard, preference? - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which are you most looking forward to.
MMORTS 19 54.29%
Stanard(skirmishes/ladder etc) 2 5.71%
Both/equally 14 40.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

I beleive for thoose with the capability should have the edditors and script codes. However for the vast majority of testers myself included it should be stuck with the mmorts play basic game teachings etc. For this game to do as well as we all want it to do we need it to run well. And for that to happen we need to test what needs testing the most. And if they think the mmort work will need the most patches etc. Then that is exactly what all testers should be doing. otherwise what is the point in having them.

there will be plenty of opetunity when the game is distributed for sale for all your playervs player skirmishes to be met. So im not in any rush either.

I think the campaign would also need minimal work so that can be left for the edditors etc to test etc.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Ironic has a default reputation

The MMORTS appeals most to me
Theres plenty of great pure competitive rts around but basicly no ( maybe beyond protocol as an exeption ) decent mmorts's
Poem Write YOU!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Reverie World Studios

Chris Harshman has very good reputationChris Harshman has very good reputationChris Harshman has very good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironic View Post
The MMORTS appeals most to me
Theres plenty of great pure competitive rts around but basicly no ( maybe beyond protocol as an exeption ) decent mmorts's
Beyond Protocol is an good game, but hardly a great pure competitive game, because you cannot getright into it and challange top players. You need to put in months of work to do that.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscisco View Post
Beyond Protocol is an good game, but hardly a great pure competitive game, because you cannot getright into it and challange top players. You need to put in months of work to do that.
I really didn't care for the game. As far as needing time if you come in late though? You'd need to anyway. It doesn't matter how good you are, when you're new to a game you'll need time to master everything. I spend at least a month practicing before attempting anything competitive in a new game, and I've been among the best in several games over the years.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeso View Post
I really didn't care for the game. As far as needing time if you come in late though? You'd need to anyway. It doesn't matter how good you are, when you're new to a game you'll need time to master everything. I spend at least a month practicing before attempting anything competitive in a new game, and I've been among the best in several games over the years.
true, to be the best you need to know all aspecs of the game. So building on all the backwork and AI before you move onto mmorg would be the way to go. Depending on the options they give in the beta anyway we will just have to learn as we go i believe.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:39 PM

stinkylover has a default reputation

mmorts mode for me. skirmishes have been done to death imo ill play total war if i want to skirmish ( i have nothing against those of u who just want to skirmish), but a persistent medieval/fantasy kingdom ...wow that will rock.
to be able to build up a little kingdom and ally with you neighbors, watch your people move around the city, manage your army , and know that you could suddenly be thrust into a war , imo that cool . in a skirmish you know why u are there, against a computer or a player you know the fight will start, with in the time u allotted your self to play, and you know that know that once its over you will just start another random encounter. just my opinion .... so i vote mmorts
Old 09-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkylover View Post
mmorts mode for me. skirmishes have been done to death imo ill play total war if i want to skirmish ( i have nothing against those of u who just want to skirmish), but a persistent medieval/fantasy kingdom ...wow that will rock.
to be able to build up a little kingdom and ally with you neighbors, watch your people move around the city, manage your army , and know that you could suddenly be thrust into a war , imo that cool . in a skirmish you know why u are there, against a computer or a player you know the fight will start, with in the time u allotted your self to play, and you know that know that once its over you will just start another random encounter. just my opinion .... so i vote mmorts
agreed. I'm not much of an mmo player and I have never played a mmorts, but I am really looking forward to this games mmorts mode.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:43 AM

Emperor Nero has a default reputation

I've been waiting for a good, innovative MMORTS, for a long time so that gets my vote.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Elite Member

MMORTS definatly for myself also. The thought of having a persistant kingdom agaisnt other humans is inspiring to say the least and a breath of fresh air gaming has been needing for a very long time.

I also love the fact that you can constantly grow adding cityies etc to truly make a online empire. That dosent have a time limit :P
Old 10-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

EmpressHebihime has a default reputation

MMORTS: Finnaly! An MMORTS with a giant world where you can build up a giant empire to use and strategise what to do next! All hail Reverie World Studios!

Standard: Small and probably speed based. Small but probably fun.