Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

[Nvidia] Maximum Graphics / Quality - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2014, 10:16 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor has a default reputation
Post [Nvidia] Maximum Graphics / Quality

Disclaimer: Due to the many combinations of hardware and software, I must warn people that all downloads and this guide are use at your own risk. Modifying your computer settings can be fun and rewarding, if you are careful. Much of this guide found here is also common knowledge. The majority of people using this guide have never had a problem, but that is not a guarantee and should not be taken as such due to the massive number of possible hardware and software configurations. THIS GUIDE IS FOR NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARDS ONLY!

Minimum requirements (Low): GTX 470, GTX 480, GTX 560, GTX 560ti, GTX 570, GTX 650ti, GTX 650ti BOOST, GTX 660, GTX 750, GTX 750ti
Recommended requirements (Med): GTX 580, GTX 660ti, GTX 670, GTX 760
Performance requirements (High): GTX 590, GTX 680, GTX 690, GTX 770, GTX 780, GTX 780ti, GTX TITAN, GTX TITAN Black.

NOTE: See what category your video card is in. Later in the steps I will use (Low) (Med) (High) to help you determine what setting to select in this 15 step guide.

Step 1: Update drivers by downloading and updating DirectX and then downloading the NVidia GeForce Experience.

DirectX: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35
NVidia: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Step 2: Load up the game to the main menu and select game options.

Step 3: Go to the top of the options page and select the drop down box under visual settings.

Step 4: From the drop down box select (Low) medium, (Med) high, (High) highest settings and click apply. Exit the game to commit settings.

Step 5: Right click your desktop screen and select 'NVIDIA Control Panel'.

Step 6: For SLI (two video card) users only, single graphics card users move to Step 7. Select Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX tab. Then select Maximize 3d performance and click apply (This enables NVidia SLI for compatible games). Note: Web browsers will have to be closed to do this.

Step 7: Select Manage 3D settings and then select the Programs Settings tab.

Step 8: Select the add butten then find DOF (Dawn of Fantasy) from the selection tab. Once you have found the program select Add Selected Program.

Step 9: For SLI users only, single card users move to Step 10. Scroll down to SLI rendering mode and select Force alternate frame rendering 1. This forces the game to use both video cards equally 50/50. Disabling the current NVidia SLI profile which will only use 10-30% of your second video card.

Step 10: Scroll down to Anisotropic filtering and select (Low) 4x, (Med) 8x, (High) 16x and click apply.

Step 11: Scroll down to Antialiasing - Mode and select Enhance the application setting and click apply.

Step 12: Scroll down to Antialiasing - Setting and select:

Single Card users: (Low) 4x, (Med) 8x, (High) 16xQ or 32x.
SLI Card users: (Low) SLI 8x, (Med) SLI 16x, (High) SLI 32xQ or SLI 64x.

Step 13: Scroll down to Antialiasing - Transparency and select:

Single Card users: (Low) Multisample, (Med) 2x, (High) 8x
SLI Card users: (Low) SLI 2x, (Med) SLI 8x, (High) SLI 16x

Step 14: Scroll down to Power management mode and select Prefer maximum performance. (High) card users and laptop users select Adaptive.

Step 15: Scroll down to Texture filtering - Quality and select (Low) Quality, (Med/High) High Quality. Select apply and exit NVIDIA Control Panel and test the game.

Additional Information: The quality will be different for each user depending on the resolution and size of monitor you are using. Maximum effectiveness will be for users with big monitors and low resolution while the least noticeable effectiveness will be with users who have tiny monitors with high resolution.

As there are so many technical parts that come into play use this guide as a base start for your settings. If you skip/lag lower some of the above settings (Start with Antialiasing - Transparency then go to Antialiasing). If you are getting awesome frame rates then increase them some. Its may take a few tries to fine tune your system and this is just a guide to show you how to get started. If you have any questions please let me know and remember, use this guide at your own risk!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Very cool, I'd test this out myself, if I wasn't using a Radeon HD