Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Will be looking for intern scenario designers and scripters soon. - Page 6 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Someone has a lot of time I look forward to playing your maps/mod!
Old 09-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Someone has a lot of time I look forward to playing your maps/mod!
It's quite the interesting process. Mastering tables, I already know if/than etc. and functions are easy too. Plenty of stuff I know how to do, tables was one of the few things I didn't and this is really forcing me to learn it.

Edit:
Finished all the functions/tables etc, just the way the tables work you can't do one function then have it save in lua.exe to change the values of the table so the next function will use the original table. Just a limitation, so it won't work or I can't figure it out, but it's not important. I do know all the individual functions work, which is what matters. Learned what I needed to with them. Time to find another project.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 09-13-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

I gotta be honest, I'm not much into code. Code is amazing and I love and admire it's power but it's just... not for me. I tried to work with web code for 3 years but I never got to the point where I could script my own functions for a web site.
However what does appeal to me more is the visual side of interactive entertainment. Besides videos, trailers, and movies, I am also interesting in 3D design. Currently I actually have a school class but it's regular so a lot of people don't know much about the computer and the PCs are harshly slow. However I do want to learn 3D to use in videos and other general modeling design, as well as Vue - creating 3D environments. Also After Effects at some point, preferably within the year.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Reverie World Studios - Intern Scenario Scripter

Dan Riddell has good reputation

Quote:
Thats and old crappy game with a editor so simply and limited its unbelievable,
from detail level 1-100:
AOM = 20-30
DOF = 60-80

Aom you have a paint tool to paint forests cliffs terrain is only texture layered, dof has 16 layers at any point.
I think you'll be suprised with the things I've managed to pull off then.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:28 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordOfValor View Post
I think you'll be suprised with the things I've managed to pull off then.
After playing around with aom's editor before I quit, it's not the worst I've used, but it really is pretty far down in it's versatility/ease of use/power. The best so far I've seen is still warcraft 3, sadly. I really hope DoF's editor replaces it as the new standard.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Well Haeso, me and sword use a mod which pretty much makes the editor more versatile, Reyks Editor, plus many custom triggers (Still pretty simple but much better than original editor).

And yet I am still waiting for the sign up thread XD.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
Well Haeso, me and sword use a mod which pretty much makes the editor more versatile, Reyks Editor, plus many custom triggers (Still pretty simple but much better than original editor).

And yet I am still waiting for the sign up thread XD.
You can do quite a lot with a good set of triggers, but it'll never be as powerful as a good script.

Amazon shipping takes forever on books. Still screwing around with the compiler and Lua.exe to keep figuring stuff out though.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 09-13-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

I better go kill some time XD, maybe I'll check out Lua.

EDIT:

Well, well, well, seems someone has a section in "Lua Programming Gems".

Last edited by sneaky_squirrel : 09-13-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_(programming_language)

If you can fully understand every example code on that page, your off to a good start.

You will not work for free if reverie hires you as a full employed contractor, we will probably go through a few people and hire the best of them and go on from there with them.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_(programming_language)

If you can fully understand every example code on that page, your off to a good start.

You will not work for free if reverie hires you as a full employed contractor, we will probably go through a few people and hire the best of them and go on from there with them.
Whoever chose to use YELLOW text on a WHITE background for the functions/commands etc in that link should be shot. I understand most of it, but at the cost of lots of squinting. For anyone that wants to read the scripts, I suggest highlighting each script when you read it.

edit; I love how everywhere you go, be it a wiki their own site or every third party discussing Lua. It almost always starts with creating the "Hello World" lol. It's like their signature.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 09-13-2009 at 02:58 PM.