Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Will be looking for intern scenario designers and scripters soon. - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
I normally do the same on paper, easier on the ideas, ideas come fresher somehow ;p.

Might try doing it to get myself entertained.
My handwriting is barely legible, I've been typing since I was like, 5. Short of signing my signature I've never found myself using it. I love collecting my ideas though, keeps me interested and gives me something to work with immediately once I get the editor.

Quote:
So your seriously 14?, can't believe you can run sites and I can't :S.
I can't even imagine wanting to. I've moderated a lot of forums in the past, mostly for the clan I'm in for various games, and that's enough of a pain in the ass. Admin is even worse.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Reverie World Studios - Intern Scenario Scripter

Dan Riddell has good reputation

I definately meet these specs.I have been a designer on Age Of Mythology since it came out. I have a lot of quality work to show and would be thrilled to jump on board.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
It all depends on what you do with your time. LiTos has spent time learning, and is reaping the rewards! Likewise, you and your mapping.

Man, I have school from 8:30am to 4:00pm, plus travelling. That sucks I'd much rather go in earlier. Good luck guys on your applications! I'll think about whether I can commit 15 hours, because I really just want to get my hands on that editor
Old 09-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
So you're seriously 16?, can't believe you can get a job and I can't :S

See, it's all worse for me at the end.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordOfValor View Post
I definately meet these specs.I have been a designer on Age Of Mythology since it came out. I have a lot of quality work to show and would be thrilled to jump on board.
Thats and old crappy game with a editor so simply and limited its unbelievable,
from detail level 1-100:
AOM = 20-30
DOF = 60-80

Aom you have a paint tool to paint forests cliffs terrain is only texture layered, dof has 16 layers at any point.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Sounds good, I kinda feel limited by the editor, can't wait to get my hands on this one XD.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

So where do the BFME worldbuilders fit on your detail scale?
Old 09-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Keep in mind that we are looking for people who can work with scripting/triggers first of all, the level design skills come second.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

A question here, the GEM editor from Men of War has something in common with DoF's editor ?

Here are some videos about that editor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW7bX...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TieYCbJnGWE&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUji6...eature=related
Old 09-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Keep in mind that we are looking for people who can work with scripting/triggers first of all, the level design skills come second.
once you figure out the functions and build up a list of different scripts, they're much the same. I read somewhere that after the first time you use a script there's a simplified line you can type that will do that same script again, for that scenario anyway? It was somewhat vague, will there ever be a list in the editor itself to choose from, freely available that will act like a trigger editor, so we can save our own custom scripts into it and not have to do them again? it makes things a little easier, but otherwise if there's an NDA, a forum where we can start compiling a list in private once we're in of scripts, or publicly if no NDA.

Which is the other question, will there be one? I'm guessing it's a publisher decision, so you might not know yourselves I suppose. For closed beta that is, I imagine if we get the game even before CB to work on it we're not supposed to say anything.