Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

sending soldiers - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2014, 01:07 PM

Goddessa has a default reputation
Default You Got It !!!!!!

Welcome Konstantin now your in my brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got IDEAS but I'm trying to find ones you could implement that you could add to what you are already possibly doing.

I have always felt that enjoyment of a game should be on both sides the gamer and the developer.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:40 PM
DoF Moderator
Sorcerer

gorgos96 has a default reputation

Kon i think this should only happen in alliances that would make alliances much more interesting.there should be a tab in alliance to send reinforcement and there should be a time for solders to reach
Old 03-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

How about this

We add "Request Alliance Reinforcement" button to the screen - both the attacking and defending player would have this button. This abiliti is only unlocked when player has population of 50/60 or 80/90

When this button is pressed - all the members of the alliance who are currently online would see this pop-up, and would have 20 seconds to decide what to do.

Quote:
"Your Alliance Member - [Player Name] - requests your assistance in battle. Would you support him by donating gold."
Options are: -500 gold, -1000 gold, -2000 gold, -Decline.

If they accept this, gold is deducted from their homeland resources.

Now for each of the 500 gold deducted from each alliance member we could spawn 1 level 1 unit. If player contributed 1000 gold it`ll be two units, if 2000 gold, it`ll be 4 units. The type of unit is based on the Alliance Members race (for each participant).

So for example - 3 alliance members decided to support, Orc player gave 500 gold, Human player 1000 gold, and Orcish player 2000 gold.

We`ll spawn a force of 1 Orc Slayers (lvl 1), 1 Human Swordsman (lvl 1) & 1 Human Archer (lvl 1), and 2 Sentries (level 1), 2 Rangers (level 11)

If player had something like 20 alliances members online donating units - it`ll be a much bigger force and would greatly unbalance battles. So we`ll cap it at accepting donation for up to 10 units - 5,000 gold total. 10 Level 1 units will not turn the tide of battle, but will add an interesting strategic element.

These units would be player controlled and permanently join the army.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 03-20-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:51 AM

Wilffio has a default reputation

Sounds like an awesome idea Kon! you just go ahead and implement that xD
Old 03-20-2014, 11:52 AM

nightovizard has a default reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
How about this

We add "Request Alliance Reinforcement" button to the screen - both the attacking and defending player would have this button.

When this button is pressed - all the members of the alliance who are currently online would see this pop-up, and would have 20 seconds to decide what to do.

Options are: -500 gold, -1000 gold, -5000 gold, -Decline.

If they accept this, gold is deducted from their homeland resources.

Now for each of the 500 gold deducted from each alliance member we could spawn 1 level 1 unit. If player contributed 1000 gold it`ll be two level 5 units, if 5000 gold, it`ll be 5 level 10 unit. The type of unit is based on the Alliance Members race (for each participant).

So for example - 3 alliance members decided to support, Orc player gave 500 gold, Human player 1000 gold, and Orcish player 5000 gold.

We`ll spawn a force of 1 Orc Slayers (lvl 1), 1 Human Swordsman (lvl 5) & 1 Human Archer (lvl 5), and 3 Sentries (level 10), 2 Rangers (level 10)

If player had something like 20 alliances members online donating units - it`ll be a much bigger force

These units would be player controlled and permanently join the army.
Sounds like a fantastic idea although I would like to se 4 vs 4 PvP battles.

But oh my god, there are guilds that have about 100 members, if each of them contributed with high amounts of gold, what kind of giant army could they create? Any population limit to it?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:07 PM

Goddessa has a default reputation
Default This is interesting indeed

are all enemy reinforcements a lvl 1 in the AI sieges. TBH I never looked Although I've slaughtered a few and managed to avoid a few.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:42 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

I support your idea Konstantin, but I have some comments/suggestions/warnings about it. Don't have time to post them with my current schedule/tasking's. Though I think you are on the right path with it.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:43 PM
DoF Moderator

Skyblade has a default reputation

As long as it's balanced.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:00 PM

MajorTwitch has a default reputation

You could spawn 100 extra units and that would not scare me at all. If they are below level 10 and depending on how the points are spent, if at all, wizards would make decimate those units in a cast. I don't even use wizards for the most part. Level 5 units or under seem to pose almost no threat to level 20 units. Seems like a waste of gold, not that it matters when you can make 100k in a day not trying.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I`ve edited my post - we will include a limit of-course

We are still designing the best approach here - we might actually allow players to send your units their homeland instead of resources.