Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Drop the wizards - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 01:56 AM

Nekrage has fair reputation
Default Drop the wizards

I could go on a rant for 10 pages but im not going to bother.

This game is so damn broken with these stupid mages...I should not be taking down an entire city with 3 mages in 20 minutes.

Just...no. Pvp balance is a whole other story.

The game has become less about balancing blunt, slash, ranged damage. Much less about managing troops, deciding which is the best units to bring into battle, deciding what works good with what unit, protecting your ranged units from attackers. It has become a CYCLE MY LIGHTNING STORM battle...EVERY. SINGLE. BATTLE. is EXACTLY. THE. SAME. Lure the enemy in cast lightning storm, run the other way.

Consider dropping these stupid units from the game.

Last edited by Nekrage : 01-31-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:49 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

I understand your frustration. Like I said we are re working the Wizards just a bit. And will have a full article going over how to use them and how to counter them. Don't worry we are on it!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:35 PM

Lol please don't take this as a "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AGAINST WIZARDS" thread.

I am 100% positive I know how to use and counter them. You literally could make your self immortal if you have at least 6 wizards of the deep.

So please dont say you can counter them, but if a player knows how to use them, no....they cannot be countered...EVER.

Wizards have NO place in this game, and they have caused more people to quit this game than anything else. I have seen 3 people quit yesterday alone because of wizards...I know this because they are in my teamspeak server.

Last edited by Nekrage : 01-31-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:34 PM

TheBlackPumpkin has a default reputation

You know, even though i believe mages are overpowered and need to have their mechanics completely overhaul'd, saying they have no place in this game is a bit, well, wrong.

It is called Dawn of FANTASY for a reason, taking wizards OUT of the game isn't the awenser.

Do i think wizards need to have their abilities overhaul'd? yes.

Do i think wizards need to be restricted more? I.E 1 wizard per "character" or "city" in this case.

Do i think wizards need to not be allowed to use large AoE spells in sieges? yes

Removed from the game? hardly.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPumpkin View Post
You know, even though i believe mages are overpowered and need to have their mechanics completely overhaul'd, saying they have no place in this game is a bit, well, wrong.

It is called Dawn of FANTASY for a reason, taking wizards OUT of the game isn't the awenser.

Do i think wizards need to have their abilities overhaul'd? yes.

Do i think wizards need to be restricted more? I.E 1 wizard per "character" or "city" in this case.

Do i think wizards need to not be allowed to use large AoE spells in sieges? yes

Removed from the game? hardly.
I think your opinion is wrong. Sorry, keep moving.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:56 PM

thatpvpguy has a default reputation

wizards cost u what 60 to 90% of the new players already ?
less than a few 100 playing now, just get rid of them b4 its 30 online again
they cause too much trouble for most
and don't say their weak I have them, not for pvp, and they are not weak just sent 3 into dintalla to meele the defenders and they did fine, nothing squishy about them
the game suddenly got too easy, market stuff too cheap unis too cheap to lvl
you've made it a spam game of wizards vs wizards
don't nerf just get rid of them b4 its too late
Old 02-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Gildorn has a default reputation

Honestly I have two level 40 wizards of the wave and 1 level 25 wizard of the deep, I've taken them into several city sieges in PvE and conquered the cities with virtually JUST these guys.

I don't think wizards necessarily need to be REMOVED but there definitely needs to be an effective counter to them because the wizard spammers bullcrap of "Just kill the wizard first derp a derp" is just that bullcrap.

I ran down a wizard with a unit of heavy knights....that's is supposedly an ELITE cavalry unit, you know what happened? The bastard still killed much of my army and was able to OUTRUN THE HORSEMEN....literally he OUTRAN CAVALRY ON FOOT and barely took a scratch when my knights DID catch him.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:30 PM

TheBlackPumpkin has a default reputation

Something everyone needs to understand, is there is a HUGE difference in a PvE siege and PvP. Wizards can NOT stay in melee with other players lvl 20 units.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:55 PM

Gildorn has a default reputation

Pretty much what distantvoice said.

Most of the wizard apologists are the more immature players that just play to win and say "Well just spread your army out!" because they don't want to admit they are basically ruining the FUN of a pvp fight.

Should there be wizards? Yep sure

Should they be able to solo armies with one or two spells? NO they shouldn't.

They should be able to kill a battalion or two with a spell sure, but not whole damn armies.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:53 PM

CalamityGear has a default reputation

Exactly! I was in 1 battle where the enemy had literally just 1 wizard of the deep that had 100% resistances and he solo'd my entire army (i even had like 2 dragons) with a couple spells