Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Something New - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 02:04 AM

Ninetails25 has a default reputation
Wink Something New

Hello dear developer Team,

I bought the Game Dawn of Fantasy over steam and played it few hours yesterday.
You've made a great game which is very authentic and just funny to play.

My questions are:
Do you plan to implementate new graphics and sharper textures as high polygon models?
Do you plan to take away the long building time and the take away of the points with which you can buy faster buildings and more powerful units?

My Idea would be:
Implement a view like in Spellforce where u can Scroll in and control the char with w, a, s, d so that everyone can choose if he wants to play the game as rpg or as rts.

I Hope this post is in the right corner of the forum and hope to recieve a nice feedback from you.

Thank you for such a great game
Old 03-20-2014, 02:26 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor has a default reputation

Hello Ninetails25,

Welcome to the game! Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. I'll touch on the question I myself know the answer to.

Q: Do you plan to take away the long building time and the take away of the points with which you can buy faster buildings and more powerful units?

A: No. Crowns will remain in the game. They are earned through quests, sieging NPC towns, PvP and Co-Op sieging . You may also trade in game gold for crowns. After you get a town established crowns are not too difficult to earn. The starting crowns can help you fast build the buildings you need when first starting a city to get you into the game quickly. Don't worry, they are not to hard to earn back.

And the suggestion about Spellforce, I will load up Spellforce 1 & 2 and check them out again as I have not played them in a long while. If I see anything that is possible I will bring it up to my boss.

Thank you for playing!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:02 AM

Smile

Thank you for the answer.

I think a special thing would be the Idea from switching between bird perspective (which the game actually has) and the first person perspective (like Skyrim etc.).

The system could be following:
In every Unit (Siege and normal Troops) there is a button for the switch into the first perspective. No items, no special. If someone clicks on that button in a...we say 20 man warrior regiment a warrior out of this regiment will be choosen randomly.

The randomly choosen unit can be controlled by the w, a, s, d control and sword hits with the left mouse button (you could set an invisible border around the troop regiment where the randomly choosen unit cant go through but move within this border range cause a single unit would be to weak out of the regiment).

The Siege Weapons can be controlled too but they can only turn 360 around himself and you have a fadecross to focus a wall or something else. You can shoot with the left mouse button but the loading time stays.

With this you have a better feeling that you are directly into the battle and that you are a very huge part of it. You go deeply into that battle and have a lot of fun.

This is a system which is very hard to make (cause of retexturing etc.) I know but it's a system which is special because I never saw a game which had this system that way. But thats only an idea so...it would make the game more funny and you exactly hit the rpg player with that system so perhaps they get the interest in that game too and your sold game copys would hit a higher rating as it is atm.

Would be glad to hear what you think...if you just take some things out of my idea it would be great great and double great.

Thanks a lot for hearing me^^.

Have a nice day

Last edited by Ninetails25 : 03-20-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:58 AM

nightovizard has a default reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetails25 View Post
Thank you for the answer.

I think a special thing would be the Idea from switching between bird perspective (which the game actually has) and the first person perspective (like Skyrim etc.).

The system could be following:
In every Unit (Siege and normal Troops) there is a button for the switch into the first perspective. No items, no special. If someone clicks on that button in a...we say 20 man warrior regiment a warrior out of this regiment will be choosen randomly.

The randomly choosen unit can be controlled by the w, a, s, d control and sword hits with the left mouse button (you could set an invisible border around the troop regiment where the randomly choosen unit cant go through but move within this border range cause a single unit would be to weak out of the regiment).

The Siege Weapons can be controlled too but they can only turn 360 around himself and you have a fadecross to focus a wall or something else. You can shoot with the left mouse button but the loading time stays.

With this you have a better feeling that you are directly into the battle and that you are a very huge part of it. You go deeply into that battle and have a lot of fun.

This is a system which is very hard to make (cause of retexturing etc.) I know but it's a system which is special because I never saw a game which had this system that way. But thats only an idea so...it would make the game more funny and you exactly hit the rpg player with that system so perhaps they get the interest in that game too and your sold game copys would hit a higher rating as it is atm.

Would be glad to hear what you think...if you just take some things out of my idea it would be great great and double great.

Thanks a lot for hearing me^^.

Have a nice day
mmm ,switching between bird perspective (lol I suppose you mean the RTS perspective from above.) and change to third/first person and take direct control of one of your units sounds awesome, but I don't think this is a feature made for dawn of fantasy, though I would love to see it.

So far the only games I've seen that include this feature are men of war, dragon commander, as well as some other indie game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgheyANXQ-M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB3GmV1YfGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1kiAcW-WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtrJJUP6l8

At most I can see this feature in dawn of fantasy for heroes and special units such as dragons, but considering its Pure RTS core, I don't know if this would be feasible to be added.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:10 PM

Sirral has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightovizard View Post
mmm ,switching between bird perspective (lol I suppose you mean the RTS perspective from above.) and change to third/first person and take direct control of one of your units sounds awesome, but I don't think this is a feature made for dawn of fantasy, though I would love to see it.

So far the only games I've seen that include this feature are men of war, dragon commander, as well as some other indie game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgheyANXQ-M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB3GmV1YfGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1kiAcW-WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtrJJUP6l8

At most I can see this feature in dawn of fantasy for heroes and special units such as dragons, but considering its Pure RTS core, I don't know if this would be feasible to be added.
Just having it on Hero's and dragons would make the game so much more fun already. And the ability to customize them EVEN better
Old 03-24-2014, 01:36 AM

Default Well...

I think so too^^.

Its a lot of Work but that System is very flashing and it would make the Game very Special and interesting for all kinds of players.

I just hope that the developer think about it cause its very ultrafun.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for you suggestions! And while due to technical reasons we can`t implement character controls how you describe - we will indeed consider adding more customization for heroes and Dragons down the road.