Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Goblins - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 12:44 PM

ItalianStud has a default reputation
Default Goblins

Lol, Ive noticed that Goblins that a VERY long time to train one unit even with the upgrade. Why? If they sucks so bad and require numbers to be effective, why have a goblin take 5 minutes to train. More like 1 minute.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:16 PM
DoF Moderator
Shaman

ReCoder has a default reputation

If you were around when Wilffio was doing his goblin raids yesterday (I think you were) his army finished with a 14-3 win/loss ratio, so if goblins could train fast then you would be able to pump out very powerful armies in a matter of minutes. If you don't like the speed I would also recommend constructing more of the building that trains them (blanking on the name right now) as that would increase production speed because you could be pumping out 3-4 at a time.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Actually this is a good point, I think we forgot to cut down the train timer for Goblins.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Berserker

Svulnar has a default reputation

Being able to spawn goblins at a faster pace should never happen. You can make however many you have a tent for. For example, already as is if you start all your tents producing raiders in the small time you get before enemy shows up at your gates, they will be 60% done when they arrive. For small numbers it would make sense to decrease the spawn time. However, due to being able to make so many in a wave, they should never have their spawn time reduced to avoid OP in defense. They already border on that when defending or simply rebuilding a goblin horde.

For example, currently i have more than 16+ level 5 goblin tents and have 32 goblin raiders pre-spawned. If i was to be attacked, i would have all those tents making more at the same time. By the time the 32 that i had pre-spawned already were killed, and they would still take a chunk out of the enemy, the next wave would be ready. Any slower and they will take longer *if they do not already* to make than any other unit in the game. Any faster and the attacker would have no chance at all to out kill the spawn rate. As it is, there is about 5 minutes between waves, and Sieges are not long enough for that many interruptions.

Last edited by Svulnar : 01-28-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Reaver has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svulnar View Post
Being able to spawn goblins at a faster pace should never happen. You can make however many you have a tent for. For example, already as is if you start all your tents producing raiders in the small time you get before enemy shows up at your gates, they will be 60% done when they arrive. For small numbers it would make sense to decrease the spawn time. However, due to being able to make so many in a wave, they should never have their spawn time reduced to avoid OP in defense. They already border on that when defending or simply rebuilding a goblin horde.

For example, currently i have more than 16+ level 5 goblin tents and have 32 goblin raiders pre-spawned. If i was to be attacked, i would have all those tents making more at the same time. By the time the 32 that i had pre-spawned already were killed, and they would still take a chunk out of the enemy, the next wave would be ready. Any slower and they will take longer *if they do not already* to make than any other unit in the game. Any faster and the attacker would have no chance at all to out kill the spawn rate. As it is, there is about 5 minutes between waves, and Sieges are not long enough for that many interruptions.
Spoken like a true goblin master right here! this is the truth in every sense of the word!