Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Additional Races - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 04:13 PM

Zer0honor has a default reputation
Default Additional Races

Hello I'm new to the forums, and this topic has probably been brought up before but I figured I would share my thoughts.

I feel as though three races is awesome, but lacks a diversity of a real fantasy world. I understand putting Goblins in with Orc, that made sense along with ogres. I would like to see gnome's, the undead, or even a drow race. There are tons of Fantasy races and I feel the three provided only scratch the surface of the fantasy realm.

For NPC races I would love to see Giants/titans, and elementals/archons with magical properties based on their element. Creating these would give you the ability of having a very high level content NPC that players can fight and challenge their abilities to command troops well enough to kill them. I don't suggest making these NPC's travel in groups, I would suggest 1 of them with extremely high hit points, defense, and abilities that match a full 60 battalion army. I do understand that you would need to find a way to make money on this idea, so you could even come up with units that are stronger versus them in the shop, but not powerful enough to make a 60 battalion army of them and guarantee a win.

New units possibilities could be things like paladins/black knights/etc, a unit that gives a trickle heal to all nearby units, thus in combat allowing more survivability against the Giants/titans, and elementals. If that doesn't work then try making more spell casters, a ranged unit that can daze/stun, freeze, or even Hex enemies to lower defenses for a short time. I understand that some of these ideas might be too powerful for pvp and would need to be well thought out as to what can counter them to balance the equation. Spell casters can easily be countered by Archer units, and paladins should be able to be countered by spell casters. It goes back to the ol' triangle...Magic hurts melee, melee hurts range, range hurts magic.

I appreciate anyone who reads this spending time considering and thinking about what I have typed. So far I've been having a blast playing, and love the concept of the game in general. I hope you expand on it, cause in fantasy there is no boundaries.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Yeah Similar Demands have been made in the Past
The Devs themself also dont seem to be against that Idea and have noted and commented such Ideas with their own Views on the matter as well as how they see things going
however for now Improving the current Game and Finishing the Content in Work has Priority over adding Bigger Amounts of new Content

So for now
New Pathfinding System
Proper AI
Proper Multiple Player PvP Support
Ships and Naval Forces
Customizable Heros :P

Are more Importand than adding another Race xD
Old 01-05-2014, 08:09 AM

Fennr993 has a default reputation

Hey,

I think it's a good idea, but i think there should be some adjustments. I understand the develepors concern about having High lvl Giants and Elementels wandering the world. But it could done this way:

Just there should be lands where the high lvl monsters are, just like the sssilistra for dragons. Also an option is to put low levels, like lesser giants and elementels in normal areas like The Wold, Talos and Thikken Dal as region bosses or normal foes but is small numbers.
They should completly hostile, untameble for players and NPC's. That could make it work.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:06 AM

Zer0honor has a default reputation

I completely agree about working out bugs and finishing up adding what they originally planned to add. I was only making a suggestion of things to work on as time goes on. As for the regional bosses I love that idea of having specific boss' in each zone. I think a boss per zone would be awesome, and have loot be balanced to the difficulty. I also like the of lesser elementals/giants for lower level players. The only issue is how they could make a boss difficult enough for 2-3 players to fight. I love pve its great for players to have a balance of pvp and pve activities for players. I would love to have "raids" almost like in rpg in an rts, it would be unique and would help this game standout from other rts games.

When I first played offline I felt this game was much like Age of Empires, which is a great thing since AoE was awesome. I just feel that to make a strong game you need something that makes you stand out from competitors and alliance raids on boss' or team battles versus invasions of enemies would be iconic to this game. Realistically, when a game is developed it has to make money. I think being iconic would raise player count by the best advertising...Word of mouth (cause its free advertising for a company when gamers talk to other gamers).

Lastly I leave you with this, what would you guys think about having npc's attack your base and allowing fellow alliance members to reinforce? such as a large army of orcs attack my elven base, but a lot of my troops are out away from home, so a person in my alliance "covers" my back and sends his army to my city and fights the battle for me. It is a hard concept but would allow others in your alliance to aid you. I understand they plan on doing coop pvp, but do they plan on allowing people to help defend against a base siege, even after the fight starts?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Love the suggestion about regional bosses - we might add one that appears after you clear the view area. Thanks! (Although I`d be honest might be a few weeks before we get to this)
Old 01-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Tbeaz161 has a default reputation

This sounds very interesting!

One thing i would like to say, which i believe you will find exciting, is once the devs are finished polishing some of the core systems they plan on putting up a poll where we will vote for the next race to be included into the game!

Vote dwarf or we'll find you