Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Capital city in mmo - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned Acount Serfing

MrBlack103 has no reputation

Quote:
Now to the main point of this topic - players will be able to attack NPC towns, but it would take 3 or 4 players to attack the city. But rewards for taking down the NPC town, especially the capital city would indeed be great.
So, as I see it, an army of yours could be resting at, say, the human capital, going about its business, when suddenly it's all like "To the walls! Defend the city! Keep those orc filth/elvish snobs out!". Am I correct?
Old 09-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

I smell trade routes and underworld dealing ;p.

Nice job on the features.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

There will most likely be roads between all the npc cities and possibly to or near your own city, so I think there will be some trade routes going on. What happens if your army and someone else's army run into each other, there coming from opposite directions straight toward each other? They would just pass each other right?

Adding these things really add to the gameplay and I look forward to spend a lot of time with caravans, friendly or not...

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Elite Member

Would be cool if regions were customized as detailed and uniquely designed maps ;p.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
There will most likely be roads between all the npc cities and possibly to or near your own city, so I think there will be some trade routes going on. What happens if your army and someone else's army run into each other, there coming from opposite directions straight toward each other? They would just pass each other right?

Adding these things really add to the gameplay and I look forward to spend a lot of time with caravans, friendly or not...
I'm guessing you're given the option of attacking them if you chose when they're close enough, but if you don't do anything yeah, they'd just keep moving. I can't see it working any other way, but the information on this whole thing is very limited, if nonexistent.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Banned Acount Serfing

MrBlack103 has no reputation

I don't think attacking someone's convoy would really work. What if the said person was offline at the time?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack103 View Post
I don't think attacking someone's convoy would really work. What if the said person was offline at the time?
then their convoy should disappear and stop moving. Otherwise you could send them, then log off, and there would be zero risk. I assume the advantage of being able to get more than it would be worth otherwise is meant to be balanced more by the risk of having it stolen, than the time it takes to send.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Elite Member

How's about if you log off, they still walk and when the confrontation starts, your convoy is controlled by the AI or something, FYI don't send caravans marching while your offline ;p.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
How's about if you log off, they still walk and when the confrontation starts, your convoy is controlled by the AI or something, FYI don't send caravans marching while your offline ;p.
I suppose that would work.. Forgot all about how they wanted to have AI running parts of your forces and deciding which to control personally was going to be a fairly large aspect. I still don't like the idea of being productive while offline, though.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeso View Post
I still don't like the idea of being productive while offline, though.
Why not ? at least you dont have to be all the time by computer and play the game and you could actually do something else that is good for you in real life while now worrying how will you gather xx resources or anything like that. And why wouldnt you like that?

Edit: Afterall you are the king of your ppl...so why not let them do some works so that you- king could do some lazyness sleeping while they do hard work for you =), thats why kings are for right?=)

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 09-12-2009 at 10:17 AM.