Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Capital city in mmo - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I don't think that was what he meant by capital cities, but what you said cleared up how the whole "capital city" thing will work, thanks Witch King of Angmar. So we can have not just one city, but an empire! Yay! It's nice to know that I can surround the human city a might build with about half-a-dozen little village fiefdoms.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
As for the capital cities, in MMO mode, you are assigned to a region (or you may be able to pick it) and that functions as your capital city, if I'm not mistaken. I know for a fact in campaign mode each faction has a capital city.
I was thinking more about the grand city of humans/orcs/elves, the one that could combine ppl and also do some rivals. As i heard there will be regions like mountains, woods and swamps for elves (if i am not mistaken) and i put option for every region one capital, so if there is more ppl, there is also more room for defending spots and stuffs.....
Anyway it isnt necessary that it is "capital city"... since players have their own and that would start confusion, but it could be an Oppidum antiqus =P ... some kind of ancient city of great importance to faction ppl.

Tho my idea gives a lot of new action in war world of dawn of fantasy.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

There will most likely be at least one huge npc city for each race from the campaign. One of those might substitute a "capital" city for a race.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Maybe players could go there to trade resources or get more troops or something.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 09-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

It would be nice to have centralized market for each region. I don't know how they will handle resource trading right now and this would make it simpler, but possibly inconvenient(unless there were multiple in a region).

Old 09-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Would be nice if resources were regulated (Not infinite resources), like away for players to gradually lose their resources and having those be reintegrated into "Mother Nature" which should probably have a limit ;p.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

IU like the capital idea. Although i believe it would have to be AI controlled unless in defenc in which case the largest player of that race in the region would have to become defender. Once an attack is inbound. and his own cities taken from the field to prevent him having to loose his own armies and city'ies while defending that one.

Ofcourse his cities would continue to operate to raise income/rescources and he could get a gift from the people if he succesfully defends for the aloted time.

It may even be nessasary to have a few defenders so it can be ran 24 hours.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I`m glad to say that almost all the speculations about the capital cities are correct.

There are currently 12 large NPC towns in the game, and we plan to expand that to around 15. Five per race.

At any point player heroes can enter the NPC town in RTS view, and walk around in the vibrant NPC controlled town (u`ll see hundreds of citizens going around their daily business if u visit day time e.t.c)

There will be people to talk to and quests to get.

We are planning to implement trading with-in the NPC towns, allowing player to send a cargo of resources there to trade for more favorable rates. (for example player can sell stone resources at one rate on the market at his own estate, but if he sends a caravan with stone to the NPC towns, it could be sold for much more gold.

Additionally some types of mercenary untis could only be hired in the NPC town.

We also, might create some sort of player auctions in the city - we`ll see about that.

Also player will be able to chat with all the players inside the NPC town.

Now to the main point of this topic - players will be able to attack NPC towns, but it would take 3 or 4 players to attack the city. But rewards for taking down the NPC town, especially the capital city would indeed be great.

We should be able to send a message to nearby friendly players to defend the city, so their army would fight alongside the NPC players.

It`s not confirmed yet, but most likely we`ll restrict players attacking NPC towns of their own race (perhaps some sort of outlaw status)
Old 09-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Wow nice =P, cant wait to attack orcs capital to pew pew and laugh at them =), thanks for your reply.
Oh if attackers win so the defenders will have to repair their city or it will be after as nothing happened?

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Oh if attackers win so the defenders will have to repair their city or it will be after as nothing happened?
Most likely nothing will happen. Unfortunately we have to count for dozens of such attack/defend NPC town happening at once on the same NPC town.