Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Xen of Onslaught - Suggests - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARROW94 View Post
i think the colours could be any thing...SM i think you worry to much now shush with you
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion Sparrow.

I agree that colours can give distinct advantages for players. Even in non-RTS games you see this happen. I know people who change the player-models on Counter-Strike to just colours based on how much damage you can deal to each area and make seeing people in the dark easier.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

In strategic games the main thing is to be unseen.so i see the colour to blend in is a great choice.people who complaine are jealus

Last edited by SPARROW94 : 10-02-2007 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

In DoF there are enough built-in features, like darkness, line of sight, and stealth bonuses that colour is something that would be unfair.

I'm not sure how WKoA's example works as I haven't gotten to play BFME yet, but if there is only one colour that blends in, and one person takes it, thats an unfair advantage and a abuse of game-mechanics. If it's custom colouring and both people have equal oppertunity to do it, then it's a different story and I suppose it could be considered a viable strategy.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:46 PM

lol i dont know if your on my side or SM it complicated anywys.

if colour custom is IN then its fair...like you said.but if the colour was gray and it was a dark map and some one is "blending in" then there should be the alarm like C&C3 like THE ENEMY APPROACHES and press Y and there the enemy is
Old 10-02-2007, 05:03 PM

ShadowyMoon has a default reputation

It's best just to eliminate the blending colors. And yes I do worry a bit because I've seen quite a lot of good games go to oblivion due to some small mistakes being made and poor marketing. I'd hate that to happen to DoF.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:14 PM

so your saying that kewl colours are bad...arrgh im mad....the blendign colours are STRADEGY gawd ITS AN mililitary colour MAN...anyways look at the screenshots this game wont have alot of blending
Old 10-02-2007, 05:16 PM

It's not gameplay balanced Sparrow. And as Ryan said DoF has already quite a few stealth features. So in a nutshell yes kewl colours are bad.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

jap88 has a default reputation

The point of DoF is not to be realistic..it has magic for God's sake along with non-existent races for factions. Customization does indeed look cool but at the same time a company has to balance the game, not to a cookie cutter balance, but in a way thats balanced so that no one player has an advantage that the other player cannot achieve. You can't change your color scheme in game and to prevent complaints and unfair games it is best just to leave it alone and not implement it.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:34 PM

Exactly what I was trying to explain jap. Thanks for summarising it.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap88 View Post
The point of DoF is not to be realistic..it has magic for God's sake along with non-existent races for factions. Customization does indeed look cool but at the same time a company has to balance the game, not to a cookie cutter balance, but in a way thats balanced so that no one player has an advantage that the other player cannot achieve. You can't change your color scheme in game and to prevent complaints and unfair games it is best just to leave it alone and not implement it.
This also goes with glitching other people and freezing them up while you can still play for me.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang