Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Neinth's quick bug list - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto
Default Neinth's quick bug list

I was going to wait until next patch,but figure I'd get a jump on them.Maybe some have been addressed for the planned patch in a few days,maybe some haven't.Not all are major,and some are just quirks.

1. On Updater Window--the copyright info is 2011-2012--not sure why that catches my eye but for whatever reason it bugs me,should update it :>

2. On Updater Window--the "site" button is linked to a redirect--again not a huge issue,but couldn't take much to just change the link instead of a redirect?

3. Possibly an oversight on my part--In one of the Elf Quests(will have to redo to get the name) it refers to "Fringas Na" instead of "Erthee L'bala"

4. Cloning Units- Have seen it on all 3 races,however never with an actual orc unit.Men where archers,elfs female wardens,and orcs minitaurs--have spawned almost 20 extra minitaurs in under 3 days,in city and in seiges(I discarded them however kept the 16 I bought)

5. This ones a toss up--either Desert orcs specifically,Ogres in general,or captured/tamed Ogres create alot of crashes,especially if you have an army full of them,however even 25 is enough to start expereincing it.I'm not sure which one of those it is,and its possible it's because 20+ of any unit type becomes unstable.

6. Alot of the Orc trait bonus's don't work,or work oddly.Gatherers bonus to carry cap doesn't work,hard to tell if looters speed on map increase works,looters bonus only works for actual looting and not for the half amount on exit,desert orcs speed to ogres works,but seige engine bonus doesn't stack with it,however the bonus to their peircing works,but health does not.

7. Arrows are simply terrible compared to how they where--shooting at anything at a higher level is pretty much wasting arrows,they hit the walls alot if their to close(which is fine) or they hit empty air above target if they arc up at a distance--tree's also get in way of alot of the arrows,all of which is fine in moderation,but i can fire 500 arrows at units on a wall or tower and not hit a single thing,which is excessive.Simply stopped using archers/crossbowmen and rifles because of it,their pretty much useless unless their in an open field.

8. Marauders and Laborers are terrible looters,they attack over looting will stand there and shoot at houses or body piles instead of looting,and tend to freeze up quite a bit so you'll have 1 or 2 in 24 actually looting and no sure fire way to jar them back into looting.Other races looting doesn't give the bonus for having "looter" trait nor do you get anything extra for leaving the map even at half income.

9. Units are over healing their HP sometimes,noticed more in goblins and slayers than any other unit.Nowhere near as bad as it was,but still a bug.

10. Some squads are spawning individual units as they heal,even if their not near a well/spring while others do not.Goblins tend to spawn to their max,where something like knights need to have a well around.Mass heal will also cause spawning units,however things like pray will not,not will health potion.It's all very erratic which tells me it's probably not supposed to be happening.

11. Some units are resetting to lvl 2 when you use a skill reset on them--have only tested with ogres,and it's not all the time,but have lost quite a few to it,and can't afford to lvl more to keep trying.

12. In Dintal the beserkers there are single units,however they have the stats(based on hp) of entire squads--this is based on every other unit being single entities with reasonable stats(500-1000hp) and the beserkers hitting 15000hp without have the ??/?? that says its part of a sqaud.Somehow this is causing some ammazing lag in that map for me,as it starts the moment i engage them,and stops when I either kill them all(which takes a considerable amount of time) or run away from them.

13. Units spawning in north corner of the map.I am unsure if their units revived by springs,or if they managed to drop off map,but in alot of seiges i get a near steady stream of single units coming from the north end of map,when i haven't been anywhere near it,nor is anything they may have chased up there.

14. On Bilt'rana map for siege,the npc leader is on a spot that is hard/impossible to get your units to.I have managed to kill the guy,but only after luring him out with units who managed to get close enough on their own,and draggiing him to an area where i could position my troops.

15. Melee attacking walls/gates causes lag.This is a 2 part issue,units such as the Ogre attacking gates can/does cause lag,and if your units are fighting near a wall or gate(not on,but next to),even if they can't technically attack it,still generates same type of lag.

16. Have seen in chat people mentioning mages with 100% defence rating across board--this is hearsay on my part as i have not actually seen it,but worth mentioning none the less.

17--Simple typo on southmontians description-- says "wilst thy cut off they other had" instead of hand

If you need any log files or screenies or what have you on any of these let me know,Will do my best to get them as soon as possible.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:21 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

18. Freelantal intro screen has a very consistent stutter--however the siege itself is smooth.The Npc leader is a bit to easy to get to once inside since it's all so close,he'll come right to you,which makes for a fast siege.

19. Invisible Elf gate gears--can't target them,can't see them,but can destroy them if you have a general idea of where they are and get units close to it,they'll attack it automatically.It's bad if you sacrificed a ladder/belfry to get a group of units inside to take gate down.

20. Hydra has issues getting outside mens palisade walls--haven't checked elfs,but orcs is fine

Last edited by Neinth : 01-17-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:19 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Last ones for tonight

21. Units fall off walls sometimes--no ramps or anything near by,they just fall off,rarely 1 will go up a wall with no available route.

22. Symbosis tree's--it's possible to end up with 3 plots instead of the normal 4.

23. Mages(and ogres) can't get on walls or towers--however npc' ogres are placed onto walls,and have a hard time coming down off them,normally get stuck at the ramp

24. Can crowd gates and force units through onto other side without tearing the gate down,which makes it easier to actually tear gate down by attacking from both sides at once,or destroying the gears.

25. Garvoilias?? try and attack the fireball from the mage--it's really funny,like their desperately trying to become those plants that shoot fireballs in Mario brothers

26. Ogres don't have charge--yet minitaurs do,and their smaller--with ogres base speed,plus the desert ogre trait making them faster,and being so large,they probably should have charge.

I numbered these so their easier to refer to if there's any questions or comment about them,I'm not doing a countdown or anything.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:28 AM
DoF Moderator

Wilffio has a default reputation

great job mate! i also encountered quite a few of those! good to see you put them on forum and lets hope they get fixed one day!

/Wolf
Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

I put them in sticky notes--two types,1's i am sure of and 1's I am not so sure on,then try and test them during normal game play without going to far out of my way.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Update on 20--seems hydra can't get out of orcs as well,dependant on map,will have to get a list of which ones it can and can't for each race,will take some time
Old 01-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Great post, thanks for the info. I`m copying all of this into our to-do list. Well actually about 6 or 7 of these should be fixed in this weekend`s patch.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:17 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Cool--will remove or mark off the ones that are fixed :>
Old 01-18-2014, 05:13 PM

DDPDCP is just above average reputation

all the things list have been in the game sense beta, and nothing be done to fix them, and nothing will be done to fix them.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
all the things list have been in the game sense beta, and nothing be done to fix them, and nothing will be done to fix them.
Well ain't you just a negative nancy?