Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Can't bear the lag - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 11:20 AM

Comp50 has a default reputation
Default Can't bear the lag

Well...here it goes!After the patch I came out to test it.I attacked a quest stronghold.As soon as I directed my knights on enemy units the lag became unbearable.I had to shut down the game.Didn't expect THAT with a pathfinding patch. Usually I send logs in, but I feel like it has nothing to do with lag.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for your report, a fix is coming up in the upcoming patch 22.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:25 PM

roofus2652 has a default reputation

2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2® Duo or AMD® processor
2 GB RAM (XP), 3 GB RAM (Vista)
=RECOMENDED specs=

My question is if I have lagged since beta and still cant manage to comfortably move about my Elf town with only 20 archers in it is will I ever be able to run the game smoothly on my PC ? (Same problem with all civs.)

I use a dual core 2.6 ghz and have 4 GB RAM

I was told that the game had problems running on xp so I upgraded to win 7 with no luck, quit for a while and came back with the pathfinding fix. still no dice

any thoughts?

No matter where I post this I never get a straight reply just looking for a real answer.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:31 AM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Pathfinding should be working better for you now, the lag is probably caused by the Build 20. Please wait for Patch 22 later this week to fix that issue.

But if that still wouldn`t help - I`m afraid we won`t be working on other performance improving techs anytime soon, as majority of players (the current lag-bug aside) can run the game smoothly.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:53 AM

roofus2652 has a default reputation

Oh is this the fix that your team was considering which reduces the number of units per squad? If this problem is isolated to so few people I wonder why there is almost a constant stream of people who have performance issue threads.

I dont mind donating to a game that I cant play but my recommendation for the future especially if you plan on using steam is a little more transparency on your recommended/minimum specs.

I would love to see anyone using your MINIMUM specs actually run the game at what is considered a playable level.

Anyway good luck on your future endeavors hopefully this was a learning experience for your whole team.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Reaver has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus2652 View Post
Oh is this the fix that your team was considering which reduces the number of units per squad? If this problem is isolated to so few people I wonder why there is almost a constant stream of people who have performance issue threads.

I dont mind donating to a game that I cant play but my recommendation for the future especially if you plan on using steam is a little more transparency on your recommended/minimum specs.

I would love to see anyone using your MINIMUM specs actually run the game at what is considered a playable level.

Anyway good luck on your future endeavors hopefully this was a learning experience for your whole team.
I have to agree with him, the vocal majority of this game all say the same things and have the same issues, and the silent people don't seem to play at all, they just sit there. There are very few consistent players and these are the ones that seem to have the issues (maybe because we are the only ones playing) And while it is nice to have new shiny things, putting auto tune on a bad singer won't make that singer anymore respectable!

I get that you guys are doing the best you can, and those of us that are still here are going to do our best to annoy you and bother you and badger you constantly until these issues are fixed just please maybe keep us more updated on the bug fixes, maybe do a lot of small bug fixes rather than huge patches?
Old 01-14-2014, 05:59 PM

thatpvpguy has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Pathfinding should be working better for you now, the lag is probably caused by the Build 20. Please wait for Patch 22 later this week to fix that issue.

But if that still wouldn`t help - I`m afraid we won`t be working on other performance improving techs anytime soon, as majority of players (the current lag-bug aside) can run the game smoothly.
have u asked ingame 90% of those I speak to and those I know who left had /have massive performance issues pre and post patch
we run other games at high settings yet struggle here at lowest
and playing thru steam isn't even possible anymore

where does the majority have no problems come from ?

edit
ps try testing the patches
Old 01-15-2014, 11:16 AM

Sorry guys - I know we are bad with testing - but we really can`t afford a dozen dedicated testers - and anything less won`t have caught the bugs that were part of patch 20.

With a massive "event" planned for next week it should hopefully make it all up to you guys. And patch 22 is 2/3rds complete it fixes majority of issues from lag, to stuck units, to worker issues and so much more.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:38 AM

Cougro has a default reputation
Angry Slideshows are faster...

I have only been playing the game a few days, however the longer I play the slower the game plays. In the exploration map, I have just enough time to select a couple units before the game stops, then 5-7 minutes later i get another 2-3 seconds of directing my troops, then another 5-7 minutes of total freeze. Can't really play the game, have everything turned off and on the lowest settings possible. Tried to download the client from the main site but got a couldn't complete error. Gave up. No idea what to do but not play at this point.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:10 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

The bear doesn't have lag.

But really. I downloaded the stand alone client on a separate install on a separate drive. WAY WORSE. Then tried to go back to the steam version and it was full of stutters also. Like anywhere I was in the game. So I uninstalled both versions and cleaned up the hard drives. Re-installed the steam version and now I just have the regular "bear lag" in PvP and some small stutters in world map again. I really want to PvP so I am hoping this gets resolved somehow soon.