Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Creeps - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtom256 View Post
Wild Animals For Food Increase Like Wolves!!
I'm sorry I didn't follow that.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 08-20-2007, 03:49 PM

kingtom256 has a default reputation

if there was creeps that roamed around without sticking to a lair, wolves would be a good option, aiding towards food resources
Old 08-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Talking about wolves. We jumped on the idea of more intelligent creeps, and one idea we came up with was this –Wolves hunting farm animals!

Human economy includes herding animals such as pigs, sheep and cows. And these animals generate more resources and fatten faster in they are herded some distance away from the city. We can create AI for groups of Wolves to come after such herds once in a while. Of-course, there is an issue how same wolves can harass other races, and how can we keep this from getting annoying/redundant, or too random to offset balance. *sigh*

We are still working on it, you guys have more ideas?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

jap88 has a default reputation

Wolves would be a problem as it would put humans at a HUGE disadvantage in a game as their livestock woul be the only thing that is affected. However, how do the economies of each different faction work? If we could get that then possibly we could come up with some different creep ideas that could be thrown into maps to make it even.

I'd assume you could kill the wolves, i hate when units come from off-map. Perhaps to prevent randomness the wolves would come when the player reaches a certain number of livestock? It could also be a timer if preffered as well.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:44 PM

olauwers has a default reputation

Well, I would say you could make herding people, who can fight such wolves. Of course, this is only a disadvantage for humans, but that's one of the risks of having livestock, isn't it? You could just as well go for the slower-fattening, harder-to-kill wild creeps, but if you choose for livestock, you have to take the consequences too.

And well, I'd say you just put herds of wolves in random places of the map, and they run around on the map, and if they come across a herd, they attack it.

And you could make these wolves attacking other racers by going after their food-gatherers outside of their cities, that go to get food of wild creeps. From the information I believe to have gathered, I think this would work expecially well on orcs, who are made for travelling, and of whcih armies can supply themselves of food whilst on the road. As for elves, I would need more information about their economics system... Dragons, I assume, will have to fly out and eat wild creeps. In that way, you could have the wolves attack the creeps that are edible by the dragons.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

It would have to be fair (something that would target both players equally, preferably sticking away from main bases), but it would definitely be an interesting twist to have intelligent creeps that would leave their lairs to attack vulnerable player assets. As well, if people don't like it, they can pick maps that don't have such roaming enemies.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Sharku has a default reputation

Or creeps that have to go out and hunt, like those wolves will occasionally go after a herd of deer or a pack of bandits will go gathering berries or something.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Elite Member

SvN is someone to look uptoSvN is someone to look upto

sorry for the bump but this discussion is interesting

i read in the game features that time will change from day to night, so the wolves could leave their lairs in the night (as in reality) to find food, such as sheep, cattle (whatever the factions use to get food), so if you dont get your animals to safety in the evening it's a risk that wolves attack them.

the same with other creeps, like a pack of robbers, would kill/steal gold from latetime travellers.

the idea of move-around creeps is really good, those creep-lairs in the middle of a BFME map actually destroyed the realism and the look of a battle field.

with creeps running around in the DoF maps, it would also be great if the player could find their lairs/house somwhere in a forest or in the mountains to get the resources they've stolen.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvN View Post
with creeps running around in the DoF maps, it would also be great if the player could find their lairs/house somwhere in a forest or in the mountains to get the resources they've stolen.
Yeah that could be like in BFME wehn you bait a troll away from its lair and steal all the money from it.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 10-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvN View Post
sorry for the bump but this discussion is interesting

i read in the game features that time will change from day to night, so the wolves could leave their lairs in the night (as in reality) to find food, such as sheep, cattle (whatever the factions use to get food), so if you dont get your animals to safety in the evening it's a risk that wolves attack them.

the same with other creeps, like a pack of robbers, would kill/steal gold from latetime travellers.

the idea of move-around creeps is really good, those creep-lairs in the middle of a BFME map actually destroyed the realism and the look of a battle field.

Definately a possibility SvN. Thanks for the input.