Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Servers - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 12:08 AM

jadedshadows has a default reputation
Default Servers

Hello,
I just bought the game and when i try to play online after registering i cant connect to the servers. I keep getting a timed out error. is there any way to fix that?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:35 AM

Burlybruce has a default reputation

Welcome to the club, i haven't been able to log in for 3 days now, they don't care about us
Old 10-09-2013, 05:00 AM

DDPDCP is just above average reputation
Default Game dead no Devs don't care any more.

I feel bad for you guys you just bought a game that being shut down.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:28 PM

Xhodan Xeus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDPDCP View Post
I feel bad for you guys you just bought a game that being shut down.
you serious?
where do you have this information from?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:23 AM
Reverie World Studios - 3D Artist

Mark Ashton has a default reputation

servers arn't being shut down you have flawed info there.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:20 AM

You mine as well shut them down the lack of support over the last weeks has been well there has been no support, and the support that is given is ****. This game is dead no one even logs on anymore. 99% Of the post made on the forums are bugs that have been around for about a year now, and this bugs aren't small graphic problems here little gather issue here (which by the way you have these bugs too). There bugs that keep players from even playing the game. I Think the last time i was on only 5 people were on three of them were complaining about bugs the other two went afk. I've seen games that weren't ever releases or even announced end up having a bigger player base, and less bugs then this game.

Last edited by DDPDCP : 10-10-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:45 AM

Nazar has a default reputation

I myself didn't encounter many bugs, certainly none game breaking, and quite enjoyed the game when I played it (haven't for a while now). I think many of the mechanics are geat and really appreciate what the developers tried to do.

However, the developer's lack of communication is absolutely astounding. Short, one sentence answers ("we're working on it", "your information is incorrect", etc.), if any at all. Meanwhile, patches and expansions are announced and then not released.

Either:

- this game still has a future, in which you guys really need to make a bit more effort in communicating properly and keeping promises with respect to dates, because the game has all the signs of being about to be shut down.

Or:

- this game is in fact about to die, in which case you need to be open and honest about that and stop letting people put more money into this game, because, you know, that would be unethical.

Last edited by Nazar : 10-10-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:58 AM

Default They can't put more money into it.

They can't put more money into the game there spending it all getting drunk laughing there ass off at people complaining about bugs. They don't give a **** about this game and they never will games dead they just don't want to say it dead so they can get more money from people that buy this ****ty ass game.

Also i don't know way 2% of the people don't have bugs like the rest of us do, but the bugs in this game are game breaking to a point that even trying to play it is just a waste of time. I'm currently having bugs that are deleting my towns when i log in armies not showing up on the map, but it says there still there so i can't make new armies cause my old armies wouldn't show up. Also i can't train rangers as elf ever time i try my game crashes to my desktop. I also can't use my human town cause i some how have a single peasant that is using 1k pop for some odd reason. That i can't move to another army cause then the armies pop is to high, and i can't sent it outside my town to be eaten by wolves cause it doesn't show up in my town map. Every time i send in a bug report about these bugs i get a message from a Dev saying "we'll look into these problem and find a way to fix this for you" or something similar to this. Then I'll wait months with no reply or fix for my bugs so now I'm just sick of this **** i feel like a rock would do there job better.

Last edited by DDPDCP : 10-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:49 PM

kbs666 has a default reputation

So the terrible state of the game made me stop playing back in July or August. I thought I'd just look at the forum to see if they'd ever gotten pathfinding fixed. I guess not although I do find it funny that the patch after I quit removed a "feature" that I was told was a what set the game apart from other games, reskilling troops in PvP.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Apologies for the lack of communication, I work behind the scenes and wasn't aware that the people who usually respond on the forums were absent. I'll speak to the boss about being more active again.

The servers are still running, we have hundreds of people logging in each day just not all on at the same time.

If you're experiencing connection issues, these can usually help:
1) Restart your computer - in most cases it'll fix this issue
2) Restart your Internet Modem/Router - turn power off, wait 10 seconds, turn on and restart the game
3) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works, re-enable it and set DoF.exe and/or Mithrill.dll as exceptions

If none of those help, please let us know and we will see what else can be done.

Contrary to the opinion of some, the game is not dead yet, it's just the mulitplayer aspect isn't as lively as it once was since we're no longer in the spotlight on Steam and we've lost a few waiting for the pathfinding update.

We are still on track to release the magic expansion in November, however with pathfinding our engine programmer is stuck on one final big bug that came up in testing, but hopefully that can be resolved soon so we can patch.

@DDPDCP
I've copied your towns and tried to recreate the bugs you experienced but was unable to do so. Copying them may have fixed some corruption with your towns (this has worked before), so I have copied the working towns back to you.

Also, verifying the game files on Steam may fix some of the problems you are experiencing.

There are other solutions for crashes posted here as well.

If neither the copying, verifying or the other solutions fixes your problem, the next steps would be to re-install the game completely and possibly try creating a new account (we would supply a new key and compensation for lost units/crowns).

@kbs666
Removing reskilling in PVP was only supposed to be a temporary measure, as there were complaints about people abusing it. It will be re-instated in the next patch with a restriction of one reskill per unit per battle.