Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Heroes of Newerth - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about
Default Heroes of Newerth

Damn, you guys should really check this out.
Heroes of Newerth is this new retail game based off DoTA (Wc3 mod) where you play as heroes with creeps on your team (little miserable ai) and you have to destroy the opposing team's base. Well that important building in the middle of it.
But it's actually darn fun. I'm not even done testing out each character yet. The only thing I don't like is the shop, which is a bit confusing.
But anyway, they just also added this practice mode where you can play by yourself with the almighty 'test' button which lets you do anything, you're basically god. You can spawn a million creeps although that'll kill your game hehe, but you can do it.
It's a really fun game and I'm in a clan that's based around a game that isnt out yet, so we play other games, and many of us play this and it is sooo incredibly fun when we sit on voice chat like around 4 of us playing HoN. You guys should check it out. Its in closed beta now, but I was able to get a key. I dont know if there are still keys, not sure.
Cheers
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Damn, you guys should really check this out.
Heroes of Newerth is this new retail game based off DoTA (Wc3 mod) where you play as heroes with creeps on your team (little miserable ai) and you have to destroy the opposing team's base. Well that important building in the middle of it.
But it's actually darn fun. I'm not even done testing out each character yet. The only thing I don't like is the shop, which is a bit confusing.
But anyway, they just also added this practice mode where you can play by yourself with the almighty 'test' button which lets you do anything, you're basically god. You can spawn a million creeps although that'll kill your game hehe, but you can do it.
It's a really fun game and I'm in a clan that's based around a game that isnt out yet, so we play other games, and many of us play this and it is sooo incredibly fun when we sit on voice chat like around 4 of us playing HoN. You guys should check it out. Its in closed beta now, but I was able to get a key. I dont know if there are still keys, not sure.
Cheers

Well i dont like DoTa from w3 its too confusing (combining items to get one imba) pff x.x. Anyway if you say it is good than i will go look that one =).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 AM

Liljagare has a default reputation

I am torn, Leage of Legends is in Beta too, and just as good..

Kinda wierd how they are making two so similar version of DoTa..
Old 09-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

I'll check those out ;p.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 PM

What, theres another one?!
Weeeeeird.... But they do have detailed guides on those item stuff, yeah I complained about the items too until I read them.
Edit: I just looked at LoL (i cant believe its initials are LoL...) and it doesnt look as good as HoN at all. First off they have a fancier trailer to deceive people with, second the graphics are just not fitting for this type of game... and what's with the cheapa$$ asian girl character.

Last edited by LiTos456 : 09-02-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Hmm i will check this out too. sounds like it holds some promise for ammusement for a few days:P
Old 09-03-2009, 10:15 AM

I'm actually thinking of buying it...
Old 09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

Ya got a beta key from someone off xfire this game is pretty good and I will probably end up buying it.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

LoL will be free. And it has quite a few DoTA developers on the team so it should have reasonable quality (in the very least).
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*

Last edited by Jean=A=Luc : 09-16-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

I love Heroes of Newerth.

It's also made by S2Games, an indie gaming company who really interacts with their players. They've made Savage 1: The Battle for Newerth and Savage 2: A Tortured Soul. Both of these games never succeeded financially, but they supported them for over a year, are still supporting Savage 2, and made Savage 1 open-source.

Savage 1 and Savage 2 were almost a completely new genre of game (check out Savage 2 at http://www.savage2.com/en/main.php), and never really succeeded. Too weird? Not enough marketing? Dunno. S2 is doing something familiar this time: DotA. And they are definitely succeeding at it. They have 0 formal advertising done so far, only word of mouth, and already they have hundreds of thousands of players in their closed beta (now that's what I want for Dawn of Fantasy! )