Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

I don't understand... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-24-2013, 08:21 AM
JK198 JK198 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
JK198 has a default reputation
Default I don't understand...

How come you cannot save a single player NPC siege? I ask this b/c mid way through the siege my mouse would not select anything, the band box would draw the box but not select anything. I was forced to quit and had to payout on a siege I should of won.

I alt-tabbed out and mouse was working fine, and even shift-tab to enter steam, no problems there.

I read posts regarding mouse issues but none of them were similar to this problem. Is there a way I can recover the game, or was I forced to payout due to a glitch or error or...?

Will there be a save option so you can come back to a game if you're having weird issues like this one, it's partially clear that the issue was a DOF one, but what's to stop this odd occurrence from happening again?

I think it was MadMaiden(?) who suggested not using steam to launch DOF, honestly I have run DOF fine for over 60 hours no problems. I honestly do not think this is a real solution to the problem.

I was in the middle of a siege of Wiesterfield, the northern port city of Rollingplains. I'd rather not have to replay the 1-2 hours, but I'd like some light shed on what causes this, and better yet, how are updates to this game handled, is it through steam or through manual patches...? Is there a way to save a game so that if an odd error like this happens you can at least not lose all the progress you made?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (434.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log2.txt (1.15 MB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log3.txt (596.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log4.txt (622.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log5.txt (475.9 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 AM
madmaiden madmaiden is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 17
madmaiden has a default reputation
Default

there is not save option as of yet and that problem is a nasty one but as for steam it dose do update and patchs itself but some times you are best off to validate your files. to do this you go into steam right click on DoF game go to properties then local files then verify integrity and that normaly helps out a lot. I hope that helps
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Ashtaroph Ashtaroph is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 19
Ashtaroph has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaiden View Post
there is not save option as of yet and that problem is a nasty one but as for steam it dose do update and patchs itself but some times you are best off to validate your files. to do this you go into steam right click on DoF game go to properties then local files then verify integrity and that normaly helps out a lot. I hope that helps
Because the game is played live via a server, a save feature isn't really possible while on a quest, I think your find this is the norm with all server based games, am sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.
as to your problem, join the club i'm afraid , loads of us have lost units, time and effort through either game freezes or ctd's, I personally have owned the game for 6 weeks now and so far haven't been able to play properly from day 1, am awaiting a so called fix for my constant ctd problem.
howether I also used to play the game via steam and I was getting constant freezing, that disappeared when I deleted the game in steam and downloaded the game from the Reverie website, such a shame I cant get the ctd to stop as easily lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2013, 07:29 PM
JK198 JK198 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
JK198 has a default reputation
Default

Thanks Madmaiden, I was aware of the "verify integrity of game cache", but did not think to use it for DOF, I did verify it.

Ashtaroph (crazy name, right?) , Launching it form steam is not the issue for me, it works fine, as this is a minor issue. I have been running it through steam for a while now, no problems, even when I alt-tab out or shift-tab into steam application. BTW what is a CTD?

My only concern is, that I feel gimped out of a definite win over Wiesterfield, northern port city of Rollingplains. It feels cheap now, I'm going to take a week or so break from this game, and hope that somebody can at least address the issue. I'd rather not start another 3-4 hour siege, only to find out near the end or so, that I cannot click any of my units, and thus have to forfeit the game. It's just too much effort to put into an otherwise obvious win, and then have absolutely nothing to show for it. Then to add insult to injury I have to pay-out, no thanks, I'm not a masochist.

The reason I brought up the option of having a save game feature, is that if you attempt the siege by yourself, you are not interfering w/ anybody else's game. It makes perfect sense to want to save a siege (it's an NPC town, they won't care), and perhaps go run a necessary errand or grab lunch or w/e. I just think there should be some flexibility to this game, to allow for minor issue's like this one to not hamper a couple hours of progress. Seems pointless to me, as I care nothing for the PVP anyways, why should I have to suffer a minor glitch just b/c of an inability to save the game? In the end I hardly think that being able to save what is essentially a single player siege of an NPC town counts as cheating or gives an unfair advantage or anything like that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi11Zone's Avatar
Hi11Zone Hi11Zone is offline
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 812
Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Thank you for your logs, and I do understand your issue. The whole game is on server side, and needs to be saved correctly, if you loose progress or any units. Just let a mod or dev know and we can help, or you can email us support@reverieworld.com
__________________
Official DOF Live Stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/ReverieWorld
My Amazing Steam Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hi11zonesGamingLounge
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-25-2013, 04:15 AM
JK198 JK198 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
JK198 has a default reputation
Default What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi11Zone View Post
Thank you for your logs, and I do understand your issue. The whole game is on server side, and needs to be saved correctly, if you loose progress or any units. Just let a mod or dev know and we can help, or you can email us support@reverieworld.com
What does that mean? If everything is saved on the server side is there a way to access my previous siege of the northern port city of rollingplains, how would I access that? I don't think I quite understand what you meant, b/c my understanding was that there was no way to recover that siege, or am I wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Hi11Zone's Avatar
Hi11Zone Hi11Zone is offline
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 812
Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light
Default

If it did not get saved correctly, you may of lost anything during siege. Any units lost we can give you compensation. What I meant by server side, is its always online, one bad save or bug can break it. We may be able to turn the clock. We may not. But I can assure you we can compensate for any lost unit or issue. Let us know what you would like done.
__________________
Official DOF Live Stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/ReverieWorld
My Amazing Steam Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hi11zonesGamingLounge
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Ashtaroph Ashtaroph is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 19
Ashtaroph has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK198 View Post
Thanks Madmaiden, I was aware of the "verify integrity of game cache", but did not think to use it for DOF, I did verify it.

Ashtaroph (crazy name, right?) , Launching it form steam is not the issue for me, it works fine, as this is a minor issue. I have been running it through steam for a while now, no problems, even when I alt-tab out or shift-tab into steam application. BTW what is a CTD?

My only concern is, that I feel gimped out of a definite win over Wiesterfield, northern port city of Rollingplains. It feels cheap now, I'm going to take a week or so break from this game, and hope that somebody can at least address the issue. I'd rather not start another 3-4 hour siege, only to find out near the end or so, that I cannot click any of my units, and thus have to forfeit the game. It's just too much effort to put into an otherwise obvious win, and then have absolutely nothing to show for it. Then to add insult to injury I have to pay-out, no thanks, I'm not a masochist.

The reason I brought up the option of having a save game feature, is that if you attempt the siege by yourself, you are not interfering w/ anybody else's game. It makes perfect sense to want to save a siege (it's an NPC town, they won't care), and perhaps go run a necessary errand or grab lunch or w/e. I just think there should be some flexibility to this game, to allow for minor issue's like this one to not hamper a couple hours of progress. Seems pointless to me, as I care nothing for the PVP anyways, why should I have to suffer a minor glitch just b/c of an inability to save the game? In the end I hardly think that being able to save what is essentially a single player siege of an NPC town counts as cheating or gives an unfair advantage or anything like that.
Name is a bit weird I guess but then many say i'm weird so it works lol.
A CTD is a Crash To Desktop, your not experiencing that, it seems what you have is a game freeze, you can move the mouse etc but cant click anything on screen or scroll the map by moving to the edges, if that's the case then I really would try to download the game via Reverie website, you wont lose anything you've so far done, just get your steam game code and use that along with your current game log in details and your good to go, just not through steam.
I do agree with your argument for a save feature as I like you have not been able to finish a silly quest because of the CTD issue, I get close to the end of the quest then the whole game simply vanishs, a CTD, then I have to restart the quest again, but as I said earlier I don't think a save feature is possible for a quest as the game is played live via a server.
Hope your problem is solved soon m8, its a brill game being ruined by silly bugs !!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Hi11Zone's Avatar
Hi11Zone Hi11Zone is offline
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 812
Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Yes we may just add a save feature just so this don't happen again.

Also You can download the client at our download page here:
http://dof.reverieworld.com/download.php
__________________
Official DOF Live Stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/ReverieWorld
My Amazing Steam Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hi11zonesGamingLounge
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 PM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Dawn of Fantasy and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.