Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

pop system - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Bear in mind that the orcs' units are the weakest in the game (at least in general terms)
Old 02-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

however they can attack wave after wave, so don't think you have won after the first few k soldiers dead.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

orcs will have to be the most tactical, forcing the opponant to strech his forces to the brink that one orc manages to get through where as humans (to a point) and elves can just go pew pew.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:28 AM

HolyPollo has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by willrockyo1 View Post
This sounds like a huge advantage to Orcs. That and I think I read somewhere that orcs have more pop than other races. The ability to transform workers to military at will is pretty huge. This will be exciting to witness.
I have to agree. They might not always have the military advantage in a one to one fight, but they will have the most versatile military/economy. So while humans/elves will have to split their resources and guard their precious expensive weapons, orcs will be massing wave after wave and still have resources left to maintain defenses.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Btw earlier i saw a post on tw series have a problem with the amount of soldiers on screen. I played a game with 18 k troops on screen fighting at once So it was really awesome, max unit size, max money, max opponents (online) and filling up with those pwn legionaries and marching on. It lagged a bit tough, it was my most awesome game ever. It ended in total defeat for the other team, we took the greeks in straight on charge. We crushed the horse charges with a few triariis here and there. (we played 3 romans and one of those cavalry nations.) The enemies were greeks romans gauls and egypt. Our team worked like one unit while the enemy was scattered. No wonder we won. Just sending the legionnaires charging was enough. However we conserved them with just walking into battle. Also that last battle of those were the most awesome. It looked like one of those Black and white 2 battles. Where soldiers run into each other... here

You know those soldiers? They run in full melee and fight chaotically. Thats what it looked like. Anyways there is only a limit as to good your computer is. So NO pop Please if possible
Old 02-24-2010, 11:10 AM

BrogaGlas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
Btw earlier i saw a post on tw series have a problem with the amount of soldiers on screen. I played a game with 18 k troops on screen fighting at once So it was really awesome, max unit size, max money, max opponents (online) and filling up with those pwn legionaries and marching on. It lagged a bit tough, it was my most awesome game ever. It ended in total defeat for the other team, we took the greeks in straight on charge. We crushed the horse charges with a few triariis here and there. (we played 3 romans and one of those cavalry nations.) The enemies were greeks romans gauls and egypt. Our team worked like one unit while the enemy was scattered. No wonder we won. Just sending the legionnaires charging was enough. However we conserved them with just walking into battle. Also that last battle of those were the most awesome. It looked like one of those Black and white 2 battles. Where soldiers run into each other... here

You know those soldiers? They run in full melee and fight chaotically. Thats what it looked like. Anyways there is only a limit as to good your computer is. So NO pop Please if possible
You can't have a MMORTS with limitless pop. It just ain't friggin' possible. The servers would capsize under the weight. Plus the true test of a player's skill is how much he can do with how little.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

The great thing about numbers is that they dwindle faster then a skilled army...
Old 03-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Zeluk has a default reputation

I think a population cap is not only necessary but inevitable. I mean I like huge armies, don't get me wrong but allowing everyone to have a limitless population would cause the game to stagnate. It's basic economics, there are no resources that are infinite. Population is just another resource that requires management.

I'm sure that this game will have a very hefty population cap. Of course not large enough to please everyone, but let's face it, they're never pleased...
Old 03-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Unlimited population would cause a massive block against new players in the MMORTS. New players would have to compete against unlimited enemies that the older players could provide.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Unlimited population would cause a massive block against new players in the MMORTS. New players would have to compete against unlimited enemies that the older players could provide.
You would be limited as to who you could fight but yes, the older players with the huge armies would be able to fight constantly and hammer at other players.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)