Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Ive have been waiting/looking for this type of game forever!! - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Traveler Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009, 03:02 PM

blade55555 has a default reputation

I have been looking for updates on this game for over a year I have been excited for this game. While I never made a forum account until today :P.

I was starting to wonder if this game would get into a beta soon and am glad after 3-4 months of not checking to see so. Can't wait to try the game out (even though I don't think i'll get into closed beta). The MMORTS is what really has me on im praying you guys do it good
Old 09-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade55555 View Post
I have been looking for updates on this game for over a year I have been excited for this game. While I never made a forum account until today :P.

I was starting to wonder if this game would get into a beta soon and am glad after 3-4 months of not checking to see so. Can't wait to try the game out (even though I don't think i'll get into closed beta). The MMORTS is what really has me on im praying you guys do it good
Theres a complete thread posted on the forum covering everything on the beta. Please LOOK!! as that has nothing to do with current topic. nice to have you on the site though
Old 09-07-2009, 05:51 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Those are the To anwser all the beta questions... and the Official FAQ Thread. Thank You.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Hey blade, hi remember me ;p (AoE3).
Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Percival View Post
Hi there im a huge RTS fan (aspaslly Fantasy) but i also play Rise of nations, Lord of the ring Empire total war you know stuff like that.....but latley i havent played a fantasy RTS in a very long time and i FINALLY found one that looks very good and user friendly i will be playing it on a Xbox 360 and hope for no downfalls and if therye are downfalls hopefully their not big problems....
That's amazing, I'm very glad for you.
Whats funny is that we're all like that here. I can't believe this was necessary for a separate thread outside the introduce yourself section.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
Me too. This is my ideal game with sweet graphics and heaps of units.

By the way, what game engine will this use?
Yes, we've been making our own engine, John Locks our Lead Programer started making it back in 2000-2001 I think. It was just a 2d indie game engine back then.
It is called the Mithrill Engine I believe unless John wants it named differently.
The amount of... ' open-source-ness' it has in the LUA environment is amazing I can defiantly see other genre games coming from it later on.

You want a trebuchet to shoot a goblin at a tree which explodes the goblin into blood and paints the tree red? It can be done... my freind, we'll shoot goblins all the way to Makkada! lol

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
[COLOR="Navy"

You want a trebuchet to shoot a goblin at a tree which explodes the goblin into blood and paints the tree red? It can be done... my freind, we'll shoot goblins all the way to Makkada! lol [/color]
Does it do anything to the tree also? and do armies leave a trail in the grass etc? That would be cool if you when on the hunt for enemy scouts etc could find there trail and find them. LEtting you send the enemy on wild goose chases etc. (The tracks can disapear after a few minutes or so of course )
Old 09-08-2009, 11:04 AM

xsacha has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Yes, we've been making our own engine, John Locks our Lead Programer started making it back in 2000-2001 I think. It was just a 2d indie game engine back then.
It is called the Mithrill Engine I believe unless John wants it named differently.
The amount of... ' open-source-ness' it has in the LUA environment is amazing I can defiantly see other genre games coming from it later on.
That's extremely awesome! I'm a great fan of indie works. I currently play a game called 'Trash' (RTS) which was made by an indie dev in his spare time. Small community but quite successful game.

Must be nice for him to see his work evolve in to this. Quite an advanced engine .
Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 AM

link oh ki has a default reputation

me too.

i play total war all the time

recently i've been playing evony.... but that's.... a bit dull, its a browser game

i cant wait!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 AM

dustino has a default reputation

server 24 Rebels by any chance :P? and me too.. whens the beta for the new guys