Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Protection / Troll PvP - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

jishness has a default reputation
Default Protection / Troll PvP

TLDR: Don't give players who attack someone else protection. They get to choose what their army goes in with, their opponent does not.

I put this here more as a discussion, but it didn't seem appropriate to go on the main board.

Why is it when you attack someone, you gain protection? When I first started playing this, that didn't seem like a bad system to me. Because you still PVP whether you initiate the fight or someone else does.

But after having a couple weeks under my belt I realize, if you attack someone else, you get to choose what you're going into battle with. Your opponent does not. If they don't balance every single army they have, luck may have it you fight an army with a strength equal to what you chose but with no balance at all. Because its their PvE army perhaps, where they siege NPC cities.

As an example, a level 60 royal dragon's army strength is equal to a band of level 15 knights and their hero. My main army did not get chosen for this fight, but instead an army I was moving to help a new player co-op siege a city.

I lost the army. It sucks. Whatever. What's frustrating however, is that I cannot even seek vengeance on the person who is picking on weak armies with their dragon. They hide behind their attack protection so nothing of theirs can be attacked. If their dragon comes up against something that it can't handle, he just surrenders. Carry no resources and the dragon can't be taken from him because its an elite unit. There is nothing to stop this type of play mentality.

Currently my proposal is that when you attack someone, you don't gain any attack protection. You only gain protection if you have been attacked. I am open to ideas however as I'm simply looking for a way to stop this type of behavior. I know of at least one other player who had their army hit in this fashion.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Suggestion by Bassolini from in game:

"I think you best fix that problem by adjusting the % of army strength increase due to leveling of units, as you'll fix all 3 of those problems at once (the high level dragon, high level troops and high level high knight)"

"If you just increase that, the sole dragon will always come up against armies it can't beat alone"

I'm in agree-ance with this, as it wouldn't necessarily stop a player from attempting this no-risk style PvP, but it would reduce his targets down to where it would not be worth attempting.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:39 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Leaving whine and cheese out of it

I would Support this Suggestion
Indeed I think you should only receive protection for being Attacked and not when you Attack others
Old 07-07-2013, 11:36 AM

Vinsitor has a default reputation

I think attackers need protection too, because after a battle their army needs to be healed too.

BTW maybe the protection can be available not for the player, but for the army you fight with, or the sieged city. If you disband your army, you lost the army protection, as if you enter in your city with your army under protection. Maybe you can heal in a NPC city.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jishness View Post
TLDR: Don't give players who attack someone else protection. They get to choose what their army goes in with, their opponent does not.

I put this here more as a discussion, but it didn't seem appropriate to go on the main board.

Why is it when you attack someone, you gain protection? When I first started playing this, that didn't seem like a bad system to me. Because you still PVP whether you initiate the fight or someone else does.

But after having a couple weeks under my belt I realize, if you attack someone else, you get to choose what you're going into battle with. Your opponent does not. If they don't balance every single army they have, luck may have it you fight an army with a strength equal to what you chose but with no balance at all. Because its their PvE army perhaps, where they siege NPC cities.

As an example, a level 60 royal dragon's army strength is equal to a band of level 15 knights and their hero. My main army did not get chosen for this fight, but instead an army I was moving to help a new player co-op siege a city.

I lost the army. It sucks. Whatever. What's frustrating however, is that I cannot even seek vengeance on the person who is picking on weak armies with their dragon. They hide behind their attack protection so nothing of theirs can be attacked. If their dragon comes up against something that it can't handle, he just surrenders. Carry no resources and the dragon can't be taken from him because its an elite unit. There is nothing to stop this type of play mentality.

Currently my proposal is that when you attack someone, you don't gain any attack protection. You only gain protection if you have been attacked. I am open to ideas however as I'm simply looking for a way to stop this type of behavior. I know of at least one other player who had their army hit in this fashion.
nope if when you pay off dragon will lose 50% of his levels.. we will work on this

vicious_6661 is my skype if player wanna add me for talk about things like that. someone say my skypealso to bassolini

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by vicious666 : 07-07-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Thanks for the response, I was not aware of the 50% drop in levels.