Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Worst pvp in gaming existence - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 03:21 PM

Barudar has a default reputation
Thumbs down Worst pvp in gaming existence

I honestly don't think I have EVER seen more imbalance in strategies... Fire over anything seems to be just a complete fricking joke. It annihilates EVERYTHING and with how STUPIDLY slow your units move, combined with the ridiculous amount of lag, there's not a god damn thing you can do. Stupid overpowered long ranged units like catapults also destroy any reason for me to even try to keep playing this game. Such trash, and a waste of my money.... BG
Old 06-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I take it you haven't tried putting out fire? Or spread formations? Both are VERY useful against fire. All villagers put out fire, each race has different ideas on how to put out fire.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Like GPS said, villagers are a must, and if you wan't to avoid places that spread fire fast and you like to pvp , try open plains with less grass and tress to burn, makes it a lot easier. I do however understand where your coming from we are looking into how strong fire is. Some times units lag when u move them , and I have great news next week 6+new units which should help tide the battle as well as path-finding over haul. Which should make the entire game run better in every aspect. Also be sure to max out agility so arrows do almost no damage, I always do this no matter what build when pvping.

Last edited by Hi11Zone : 06-22-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:44 PM

Thumbs down

peasants are some of the slowest moving units i've seen so far.. and the fire destroys your units in seconds, I don't see that even being possible. I was in spread formation when this was used on me. Had no effect at all that I could see >.> Also, do the level of your units make no effect on the strength of your army or something? That's what it feels like. devs...I loved this game soo much and was even more excited for the pvp...then i saw it play out -.-

Last edited by Barudar : 06-22-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:40 AM
DoF Moderator

comedychris has a default reputation
Thumbs up ok agree and disagree,, give it a while and try again?

ok i can see where you are coming from, fires are deadly, but is that not realistic? fire arrows do less acc per shot so its not overpowered and range units arnt overpowered at all, if you max our Armour against them depending on the unit you can get 75-80% reduction on damage so the merely a bug not a threat, about the speed, have you actually been upgrading speed and movement/ sprint speed? because if you have then there pretty fast when told to rush, and if not then thats your fault.. i think worst pvp in in 2013 "6 months" is a massive over exaggeration alone but worst pvp ever.... excessive doesnt cut it.. its got bugs as have most game but devs are cool hard working and care about the game "thats rare" also, theres new patches, updates and released every week or so so.. wait a while balances will come and a game tht you liked might be a game you love after 2 months of being worked on, dont dismiss an entire part of the game based on a little trial of a product not yet fully finished and completed, thanks for listening to me ramble i appreciate it have fun and take care.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 AM

maddbomber83 has a default reputation

Just another rock paper scissors. If you are frustrated using peasants as your support units then try the orcs or elves. They have 'peasants' that can fight a little and are easier to get upgrades for.

An example is the elves female warden. She has a bow (thus can level up easier than a weak melee unit). Then you can upgrade her speed. She has the ability to call in a downpour that will put out fires and she can loot for you.

I'm in Love. Marauders on the other hand.... not so much love there.

Make 3 cities, one of each race. Play around with them for a while until you find one the suits your flavor.

Also, make lists and post them. PVP sucks and here is why
  • Fire is too powerful
  • Peasants can not reasonably be used to put out fires as they are too slow and difficult to level up.
  • Units move slowly making it mandatory that you spend points in speed. This lowers the diversity of your units.

The devs have been great to respond to things, now to see how the patch notes look.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:04 AM

Angry

At this point with how much I've played.. I don't like pvp or hell, even the combat system hardly at all. sooo slow and SOOO clunky, holy CRAP! Putting your melee units on aggressive stance typically does nothing.. they still just sit there watching.. dafuq. The game just feels insanely unbalanced and terribly fun-sapping. I loved building my town but eventually I realized you can't even make walls how you want them.. Everyone has the same walls and there's no fun customization... Such a let down
Old 06-25-2013, 02:03 AM

Superior has a default reputation

they only charge when enemy is close......

in hold ground they dont charge even if the enemy is close...........

READ
Old 06-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Hi, i need specific informations, FIRE IS OP is not an information i can work thrue.

Fire is op, ok what fire? the fire that spread on ground? the fireball? the firewall? the fire from siege weapons? the fire from archers? the fire from firecart? the fire from new siege weapons?

Also what level are your units, what units you where using, and how you skilled them, (skill point assignment hp dmg res regen etc)
my lev 20 knights can run into the fire for a bit heaing themself and having over 2k hp each soldier and over 30khp for the overall batallion.

I have over 500 pvp game and tbh i rarely remember losing an entire batallion to fire, even when while hammering a gate my units where totally inside boiled oil

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Yes what vicious666 said, the more information the better, so we can get an a better understanding.
Closed Thread