Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

WoW: Cataclysm - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about
Default WoW: Cataclysm

New expansion of wow is announced. It looks pretty nice especially old continents revmap. Damn as i thought i can leave wow it pulled me back in =P. So what do you ppl think about it ?=) i like it.
(Heavy storm started here... comp shutdown must... otherwise would write some more =P).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Map Designer

Dylan Bales has a default reputation

Even though I don't have WoW, the Cataclysm expansion looks cool.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/
Old 08-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Have played WoW for some months and it is ok, but it was too costly to play any longer.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Having played WoW since Feb 05 or something, I have to say that it is a disappointment. It is giving features that should have been already been there and using them as main features. Being too lazy to come up with a better idea than "oh earthquake hits the old continents" is kind of sad. While yes it does seem cool at first, but then you spot whole after whole after whole in it.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 08-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
Having played WoW since Feb 05 or something, I have to say that it is a disappointment. It is giving features that should have been already been there and using them as main features. Being too lazy to come up with a better idea than "oh earthquake hits the old continents" is kind of sad. While yes it does seem cool at first, but then you spot whole after whole after whole in it.
Well will see... this expansion will be different than other two tho it doesnt give new continent or new class or 10 more lvls, so devs can focus now more on balance, class fun things, better graphic... and stuff like that. Personly i think it will be best expansion so far. Oh and agree that "a earthquake" wasnt a perfect solutions to go but i can handle it =P and holy cow x.x.

It still bothers me how blizzard threat old aliance. Lordaeron-fell, dalaran-fell and rebuild for monkey using (not same as it was), quelthalas-horde side, Gilneas-worgens, Stromguard- ruins and overtaken, Stormwind-still there but you dont get the feeling of old legacy, Kul tiras- unknow (it would be nice if stormwind would be devestated and new homecity would be this, just hope they dont destoy it like others).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

I tried WoW multiple times I still think it's a terrible game, it's popularity mainly came off advertising, it offered nothing new to the mmorpg genre and hurt more innovative MMORPGs. Bad all around in my opinion.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Banned Acount Serfing

MrBlack103 has no reputation

Quote:
I tried WoW multiple times I still think it's a terrible game, it's popularity mainly came off advertising, it offered nothing new to the mmorpg genre and hurt more innovative MMORPGs. Bad all around in my opinion.
I never even played WoW but I looked at various vids, screens etc and came to this conclusion.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Blizzard has constantly made the game more noob-friendly to where anyone can do anything, no matter how much brain-power they decide to use. The balance has taken a turn for the worse and with all the changes it will take several patches to get everything somewhat okayish balanced. They're changing all the stats and ratings and adding new stuff that is just stupid or should have always been there. If your on a pvp server, now if you try to level, all the lvl 80+ people are in the zone right next to you and can gank you at will. And if they use phasing to stop that, how will a higher level help a lower level do quests and the like?

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I hate WOW, period, its the number 1 game killer and life killer. meaning it is ranked 1 for aiding people in their suicide and killing all social life in many of its users. (I'm not insulting you guys*)

one case a guy couldn't get off, so addicted that he didn't go to the bathroom, drink water, eat or sleep for over 76 hours, died from well all of the above...

I think games should only be addictive for a few hours, then you need a break from them like fps and rts games; something that actually has a stop in gameplay like rounds or maps, not just a signout signin button that gives way to endless gameplay that never ends......

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
... I think games should only be addictive for a few hours, then you need a break from them ...
Maybe a stupid question, but how will this happen in DoF MMO mode ?