Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Comments from one diving straight in - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 12:01 AM

zanthal has a default reputation
Default Comments from one diving straight in

I am far from fully versed on the intricacies of this game, I will admit this upfront, and will not take any offense from anyone setting my understanding straight.

The speed at which the multiplayer game progresses is almost revolutionarily slow. I've only made my first city a few hours ago and I know it sits only waiting to be over-run by those more prepared than I. I can only imagine the kind of epicness that will occur in clashes that happen at this scaled down speed of play involving proper structure of allies being involved.

We gamers live in a modern society that I would say nearly demands immediate gratuitous gameplay. Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars has kicked everyone's teeth in and said "Have a dose of reality, gents", this is going to be a bit more realistic, your city is much more like Rome and will not be built in a day no matter how awesome ye may be.

Now all that being said ... can anyone speak with authority and tell me good news, that buying crowns really will NOT mean making this game "pay to win" ?

So far I see great potential, but if any one with a high enough credit limit on their VISA can crush all the competition, well ... I may have been a bit too enthusiastic.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:17 AM

Shaggyarab has a default reputation

Crowns do NOT make this game pay to win, I spent a lot of crowns because as a modern E-sports loving gamer I wanted instantious results with my fortress so I could just amass armies and PVP. If you dont have levels you will get smashed wether you are using a dragon or not.

if you dont use your skill points right, you will get smashed.

if you are lazy with unit positioning you will get smashed.

if you dont have a good solid mix of units you will get smashed.

fortunately I do alright being a huge Total war fan.

However I can ASSURE you crowns do nothing but speed up progress. But by speeding up your progress you will run into to people who have done it the hard way and therefore have far more military, game and economic experience than you do.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

0,3% of our players buy crowns , what this tell to you? that is p2w ? or is just there as an option for lazy ppl or ppl with low amount of time?

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing