Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Another new player with a few hopefully easy answers - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Serohs Serohs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Serohs has a default reputation
Default Another new player with a few hopefully easy answers

Hello all,

I started playing yesterday and see a great potential with this game. Anyway I have a few questions that I am hoping to get answered.

My first question is once you build a market place in your town does that save from having to travel to other towns to trade? Also I do not fully understand gold decay when I travel to trade. Very frustrating to bring gold to buy supplies and then find out once you get to the trading town your gold is dwindling?

Next question is I am thinking of purchasing a 2nd copy of the game so that I can play with one of my sons. With that said if someone who owns the game already wants to jump in on their account on someones PC who also has the game will it work? To clarify are you only able to log into the game on computers you have activated your CD key/license on, or are free to log in on other computers with different keys/licensing. I hope I did not make that confusing.

Alliances/guilds... I see mentions of this here and there on the forums/steam, etc.. Is there any sub forum here or will there be for guilds to describe themselves for us non guilded players to look at and see what would best fit with out play styles/hours etc?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Zvonzi's Avatar
Zvonzi Zvonzi is offline
DoF Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Croatia
Posts: 744
Zvonzi is on a good road to success
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serohs View Post
Hello all,

I started playing yesterday and see a great potential with this game. Anyway I have a few questions that I am hoping to get answered.

My first question is once you build a market place in your town does that save from having to travel to other towns to trade? Also I do not fully understand gold decay when I travel to trade. Very frustrating to bring gold to buy supplies and then find out once you get to the trading town your gold is dwindling?
First of all, welcome.

When you build a market place, yes you can trade your resources without going to NPC town for a trade. But, more you trade in market place, less resources you will get for same amount of money money.
Gold decay - if your storage capacity is less than your current gold amount, you will lose gold until those two numbers level-up.

Quote:
Next question is I am thinking of purchasing a 2nd copy of the game so that I can play with one of my sons. With that said if someone who owns the game already wants to jump in on their account on someones PC who also has the game will it work? To clarify are you only able to log into the game on computers you have activated your CD key/license on, or are free to log in on other computers with different keys/licensing. I hope I did not make that confusing.
I think you should be fine, because every time you open DoF, you are asked to log-in with your user informations. And you can always download non-Steam version of game

Quote:
Alliances/guilds... I see mentions of this here and there on the forums/steam, etc.. Is there any sub forum here or will there be for guilds to describe themselves for us non guilded players to look at and see what would best fit with out play styles/hours etc?

Thanks!
It's an good idea, and DEVs will consider making a new forum for that
__________________
GAME MODERATOR - feel free to PM me about any game related issue, bug, question...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Serohs Serohs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Serohs has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonzi View Post
First of all, welcome.

When you build a market place, yes you can trade your resources without going to NPC town for a trade. But, more you trade in market place, less resources you will get for same amount of money money.
Gold decay - if your storage capacity is less than your current gold amount, you will lose gold until those two numbers level-up.



I think you should be fine, because every time you open DoF, you are asked to log-in with your user informations. And you can always download non-Steam version of game



It's an good idea, and DEVs will consider making a new forum for that
Thanks alot!

I am still confused on storage capacity. I see numbers for population cap, and there is a storage capcity in my town on resources, but what determines it for gold to be carried?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Zvonzi's Avatar
Zvonzi Zvonzi is offline
DoF Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Croatia
Posts: 744
Zvonzi is on a good road to success
Default

Every army also has storage capacity, depending on units in it. When you select your army, you'll see "box" icon which represents storage cap
__________________
GAME MODERATOR - feel free to PM me about any game related issue, bug, question...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Serohs Serohs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Serohs has a default reputation
Default

Okay I got it now. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Zvonzi's Avatar
Zvonzi Zvonzi is offline
DoF Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Croatia
Posts: 744
Zvonzi is on a good road to success
Default

No problem man
__________________
GAME MODERATOR - feel free to PM me about any game related issue, bug, question...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:17 AM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Dawn of Fantasy and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.