Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Closed/Open Beta Testers? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 PM
DoF Moderator

skybladerz has a default reputation
Default Closed/Open Beta Testers?

Um, i don't have the time to go up and down forum topics because im about to leave to in 5 minutes. So i was hoping people could just answer my questions while im away.

1. How can i enter closed beta of Dawn of Fantasy.
2. Where do i sign up if i can enter.
3. Will there be another wave of Closed beta Testers. Because i think this is the most SWEET MMORTS GAME AND ITS A GAME IVE ALWAYS IMAGINED!
4. What are the chances of me getting in closed beta if im allowed to sign up?

ok thanks and be back in a few days.

Hoping for good news,
-Skybladerz

Last edited by skybladerz : 07-26-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Closed Beta! Want to play so bad!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

wou129 is someone to look uptowou129 is someone to look upto

1 you can get beta keys from some fan sites or you try to get much good post and get a key from the reverie it self (no spamming please)

2 you cant sign up any were

3 hope you have something on this

Closed Beta Stage 1 - we`ll begin by sending stripped down game client with updater tool and single-player skirmish to the first 50 testers. You`ll get a chance to play around with this for the first two weeks. During this phase we`ll be solving technical problems preventing people from starting the game, and other major crashes.

Closed Beta Stage 2 - will commence 2 weeks later. We`ll invite 50 additional testers, and send out a major update that will feature multiplayer skirmish mode. During stage 2 we`ll be fine tuning connectivity, chat and basics of player vs player gameplay. All 3 multilayer skirmish mods will be available, including team defense of huge capital fortresses.

Closed Beta Stage 3 - starts 3 weeks later. We might invite up to 100 additional testers (but this is unconfirmed.) We`ll send out another major update that will add MMORTS game mode with all early game content, including player vs player. But at this point we`ll disable singleplayer skirmish and multiplayer as we`ll need everyone playing MMORTS mode. We`ll do account reset every couple of days for the first 2 weeks. And once a week for the following 3 weeks.

Open Beta Stage 4 - comes 5 weeks later. From 500 to 1,000 additional testers will be invited, and only MMORTS will be featured. For the next 6 weeks we`ll be adding late game MMORTS content until Gold Master. There should be 2 or 3 server wipes.

Stress Test Stage 5 - is a good possibility once we hit Gold Master. We`ll invite up to 2,000 additional players to play MMORTS mode of the product for free for 2 weeks before the game becomes available in store. This will help us stress test the servers and hopefully we`ll get some players hooked. We might be able to allow Stage 5 player accounts to keep their progress once they upgrade to a full retail version.

4 from posts I sea low cant tell you about the fan sites theats up to you
Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

As Wou129 said, there will be fansite contests to get keys and if you are active on the forums(there's one going on over at rtscommunity.com right now) and post constructively, you might get a beta key. The stages in Wou129's post are also in the sticky in General Discussions entitled "To answer all the beat questions..."

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 PM

Liljagare has a default reputation

Can you bribe the team with a keg of ale in order to get into beta phase 1?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Uh... no.
There was only one boy who tried that and he got eaten.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

In all honesty, even if you do get into beta phase 1 there's a substantial chance you'll be one of the lucky few who can't even get the game to run and your participation will be limited to filling out an error report. Hardware compatibility issues are the bane of PC game development. Moreover, (barring any NDA Reverie attaches to the beta) there will be loads of screenshots and video clips floating around, so there will be a treasure trove to admire even if you aren't in.

Beyond that fact, the people who arrive in beta phase 2 will experience the vast benefits of the trial-and-error testing of phase 1, without the headache. The phase-1 testers will get to play the singleplayer game for a few weeks, but after that we're all on even ground.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
Moreover, (barring any NDA Reverie attaches to the beta) there will be loads of screenshots and video clips floating around, so there will be a treasure trove to admire even if you aren't in.
Good Point... You think Reverie should add a section to media releases or such for user-taken media?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

That would be cool, but I don't think that it should be in the book thing(except maybe a few exceptional ones)it would take up way too much space, but a link to a page full of user screenshots.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
That would be cool, but I don't think that it should be in the book thing(except maybe a few exceptional ones)it would take up way too much space, but a link to a page full of user screenshots.
Oh no not the actual site... I was just thinking for the forum
Old 07-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Oh ya, you said media releases. Yeah, that would be cool to have such a large amount of fan screenshots on their forums. They could show things dev ones' can't or don't.