Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Tiered passives - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 10:25 PM

Russell has a default reputation
Default Tiered passives

Hey, here is an idea that i think would be cool.

How about some tiered passives that cost crowns?

adding a couple passive increases to the market place with an increasing crown cost could be a neat way to reward more active players, and give players that warm fuzzy grinded/farmed for hours to get maxed out feeling.

small bonuses like -

1% increase to base health for all units
1% increase to base attack for all units
1 point of regen base for all units that doesn't go toward the cap
2 point increase to base movement for all units
5000 more storage space in settlment
etc
etc
etc

now have these bonus cost an exponential amount of crowns and and cap at something that makes sense.

maybe something like max 5 upgrades for each bonus

1% increase to base health for all units (Up to 5%)
1% increase to base attack for all units (Up to 5%)
1 points of regen base for all units that doesn't go toward the cap (Up to 5 points regen)
2 points increase to base movement for all units (Up to 10 movement)
5000 more storage space in settlment (Up to 25000 total extra space)

now just the exponential cost

1st tier/2nd tier/3rd tier/4th tier/5th tier
20 Crowns/40 Crowns/80 Crowns/160 Crowns/320 Crowns (just for example)

Hope this makes sense!

In my opinion this would be a great way to get players exited about playing more, or paying more. while not being significant enough of an advantage to alienate more casual or newer players from pvp against players who have bought all the upgrades.

Hope this isn't a rip of someone elses suggestion, I didn't read any of them!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

kingdominic has a default reputation

Support give me a reason to spend crowns XD
Old 05-16-2013, 01:52 PM

GooberLord has a default reputation

I think basically the same thing ought to be done with ALL the upgrades in the game. As in, the Blacksmith have upgrades for Piercing Armor for Infantry specifically, and each upgrade would be like 0.5 - 1.0% increases at a time, and would either take a lot of resources and time to upgrade (increasing as the overall level goes up) OR cost Crowns to finish instantly - or at least quicker/at a lower resource cost.

Like Russell said, it would reward those players who actually play the game for a long time and love the idea of day by day, hour by hour, improving their civilization bit by bit. The instant, cheap, and single upgrades of the current system are terribly boring and don't help give a reason to spend crowns, or build more research buildings, or even give the satisfaction of achievement at all.

If the upgrades were similar to Russell's suggestions and as upgrades in the civilization's research buildings, players would get that sense of accomplishment, it would force them to consider how to spend their time/resources, differentiate players from one another, give another reason to buy/spend Crowns (i.e. more money for you developers), and overall make the game way more interesting.

In short, when I can get all the upgrades ever before I even have a palisade wall around my dinky village, something is wrong.