Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What would YOU like to see added community? - Page 6 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Reaver has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Looks like the alliance update requests are topping the list for now, we`ll be sure to concentrate on this after the Empire release. We won`t forget about the GUI as well
still waiting on the res bug fix m8
Old 05-14-2014, 11:14 PM

IIvIIrrIIvII has a default reputation

Aside from game breaking bugs the most important thing I believe is that the game isn't intuitive enough. Most people do not know how to play this game. The basic quests try to teach the player but really only hammers home the most simplistic things they don't need told how to perform, and the quests also tend to give bad (outdated?) information.

Here's my challenge to the developers. Go out and find someone who has never played DoF and have them try to do the following within the first few hours:

- Join an alliance. Ask them what they think the benefits of an alliance are.
- Use the Market store, ask them to purchase an elite unit. See if they feel comfortable about their decision despite there being little information on each of the elite units special abilitys(if at all)
- Ask them to name some of the ways they can earn crowns
- Ask them what Vassal's are and what purpose they serve
- See if they can understand how coop works
- See if they can successfully solo siege a town. Ask them if they understand the difference between where they chose to start their attack.

I think you'll find that most of these people will look at you like your insane. The game needs to give the players better audio/visual cues as to how, what and where to do things. I could write forever on how important it is for this game to be more intuitive. Right now I'm standing with a 52-2 Record. I lost those two matches because of crashes. The people do not know how to play this game.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:07 PM

Nfslyinx has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIvIIrrIIvII View Post
Aside from game breaking bugs the most important thing I believe is that the game isn't intuitive enough. Most people do not know how to play this game. The basic quests try to teach the player but really only hammers home the most simplistic things they don't need told how to perform, and the quests also tend to give bad (outdated?) information.

Here's my challenge to the developers. Go out and find someone who has never played DoF and have them try to do the following within the first few hours:

- Join an alliance. Ask them what they think the benefits of an alliance are.
- Use the Market store, ask them to purchase an elite unit. See if they feel comfortable about their decision despite there being little information on each of the elite units special abilitys(if at all)
- Ask them to name some of the ways they can earn crowns
- Ask them what Vassal's are and what purpose they serve
- See if they can understand how coop works
- See if they can successfully solo siege a town. Ask them if they understand the difference between where they chose to start their attack.

I think you'll find that most of these people will look at you like your insane. The game needs to give the players better audio/visual cues as to how, what and where to do things. I could write forever on how important it is for this game to be more intuitive. Right now I'm standing with a 52-2 Record. I lost those two matches because of crashes. The people do not know how to play this game.
+1!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 01:57 AM

EnglishPlayer has a default reputation

Small, small thing but, can we rename our 'heroes'? The flat name 'hero' is a little boring.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:03 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

True... the game is easy for those who are here from the beginning... but, those who start now for the first time... it seem to be a complicated game. It dose not mean that the game mechanics should be changed, instead, yes, a better tutorial would make a good adition to it. Shure it would be a lot of work to implement it but it is worth the efort. In my mind, a good tutor would be a 10 to 20 minutes one where the advisor shows you exactly what button on the interface dose what, after he show how to gather resources correctly, what are the most basic units and what the abilities of the soldiers are generaly good for... after he takes you out to Mythador and explains in a fev steps how you interact with everything. Of course the tutor should be skipped with the posibility of turning it back on. If a player starts the game with the tutorial sone crowns should be added to the player as reward, but he he rejects the first time , then when he turns the tutor back in, he can not recieve the revard, so the player should be in a way, forced/motivated to learn the game.
Another aspect of the tutorial should be, if it starts before the great war so the player who plays the tutorial could have for those 10 to 20 minutes of play an almost full built castle and when the tutorial ends... it dose with the story that the great war d
Old 06-15-2014, 01:07 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

... that the great war destroyed the castle where you lived... or the caracter with who you play the tutorial should be youre father... or even better, the advisor is youre father and he teaches his child (that is you) how to manage the castle and then the great war starts and youre family loose everything and you start over as normaly as the game begins and so there would be no discontinuity betveen the tutorial and the normal game lore.

As always, it is just an idea that many of us have...
Old 06-15-2014, 05:02 AM

Wilffio has a default reputation
Thumbs up

always lovely to hear new ideas Szebus... The devs might change the start abit, but if you looking for help i have made lots of tutorials, some of them is ofc outdated, but they will still be very useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ALq...8-JodcrPSETc8D

In this playlist there is some overall tips and so on, but fear not, i have made longs guides for every race aswell, if you have a look at my channel.

/Wolf
Old 06-15-2014, 05:08 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

This one should be another usefull thing... an ingame link for the tutorial videos
Old 06-15-2014, 05:10 AM

Wilffio has a default reputation

Are you online now? i will be coming online soon! to tired of reading exam stuff..... exam tommorow -.-*
Old 06-15-2014, 05:39 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

No... I am not online, sry... I'm working and have acces to the internet only from phone...
BTW, I try to reactivate myself on the game as a regular but only from 20 to 22 my time as easter europe... so right now it is 14:39 here