Orks 1 4.55%
Necrons 1 4.55%
Imperial Guard 4 18.18%
Chaos (Chaos Daemons, Chaos Space Marines) 3 13.64%
Daemon hunters & Witch Hunters 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2009, 12:49 PM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many
Exclamation DoF Forum's favorite Warhammer 40k army!

Alright here's the deal, Vote which Faction you would like! Simple? I hope so, and please choose wisely,and dont forget to to VOTE! And if your new and haven't heard of warhammer 40k i will name all the factions and a slight description, (yay noobz can vote!)

Chaos Deamons
Daemons are entities of the warp, and servants of the Gods of Chaos. They are created at the whim of a Chaos god from a fraction of the god's own power and act as an extension of their will. A daemon's appearance and character reflect the god's own nature. These daemons may be reabsorbed into the god at whim.

Chaos Space Marines
The Chaos Space Marines (aka Traitor Marines, Chaos Marines and Traitor Legionnaires) are counted among the most dedicated and powerful servants of the Powers of Chaos.

DaemonHunters
The Ordo Malleus is one of the three major Ordos of the Inquisition. Meaning Order of the Hammer in its literal translation from High Gothic, the Ordo Malleus is tasked with the most dangerous responsibility of investigating and destroying the physical manifestations of Chaos throughout the Imperial Domain.

Dark Eldar
The Dark Eldar are kindred to the Eldar, an ancient and advanced race of elf-like humanoids. Their armies usually have the advantages of speed and technology, though they are often lacking in resilience and numbers. The Dark Eldar revel in piracy, enslavement and torture, and are sadistic in the extreme. Dark Eldar armies make use of advanced anti-gravity skimmers to launch high speed raids on their enemy while still transporting a large number of their warriors. Due to their use of the galaxy-spanning interdimensional labyrinth known as the Webway, they are extremely mobile, striking from seemingly nowhere, with little or no warning, and vanishing with their captives before significant military reaction can be mobilized.

The Dark Eldar are unique amongst the races in the sense that they do not occupy many planets, but rather one dark city called Commorragh. They are mainly pirates, though are sometimes used as mercenaries.

Eldar
The Eldar are a race of elf-like humanoids. Once they dominated the Milky Way galaxy but these days they are a dwindling race. With the Fall of the Eldar they lost their main homeworlds and are currently scattered among the stars.

Imperial Guard
The Imperial Guard is the primary fighting force of the Imperium, so numerous in size that even the Departmento Munitorum cannot place a figure on the number of Guardsmen under arms at any one time; the daily lists of new recruits and toll of casualties can run into the millions in a single day. It would be infeasible trying to put any exact number on the strength of the Guard; however, it is believed that there must be many billions of Imperial Guardsmen, divided into millions of regiments. This absolute numeracy provides the Guard with its main power; their ability to deploy in numbers that, eventually, result in victory. Attacking in seemingly endless influxes across battle-zones, charging forth under the cover of massive barrages and delivering massed lasgun volleys, in the Guard the individual human soldier may appear a lost thing, almost forgotten. Yet the actions of these anonymous soldiers daily decide the fate of worlds.1

The Guard forms the very backbone of the Imperium; without it Mankind would surely perish. Whilst Guardsmen are hardly the equals of Space Marines, fighting neither with the advantges of genetic enhancement or the most powerful personal weaponry, the Guard posesses the courage and the manpower to face and annihilate the enemies of the Emperor across the galaxy.

Necrons
The Necrons are a mysterious race of skeletal warriors that have lain dormant in their stasis-tombs for millions of years. They are ancient beyond reckoning, pre-dating even the Eldar. At long last however, they are beginning to awaken, for the galaxy is ripe for the greatest harvest since the demise of the Old Ones.1

The Necrons' story is one of ancient betrayal. Aeons ago, the Necrontyr race clung to their short lives in fear of oblivion at the hands of their massive and ravaging star. They pushed the limits of science in an effort to lengthen their lives, but to no avail. In their desperation, the looked to their science and discovered ethereal beings feeding on the energies of whole stars. They named these beings the star gods, or C'tan. The C'tan offered the Necrontyr people immortality, but only at a terrible price. We will never know if the Necrontyr knew this price, but their race was completely purged and transferred into new metal bodies.

Orks
Orks are a warlike, crude and highly aggressive green-skinned alien race. Orks are the dominant subspecies of the Orkoids, which includes the smaller Gretchin and Snotlings. Although their society is entirely primitive and brutal, the Orkoid race is also the most successful species in the whole galaxy, spread throughout the galaxy and outnumbering possibly every other race. However, due to this aggressive and warlike nature, the massive race is split into hundreds of tiny empires, warring as much between themselves as against other races. In the purely theoretical event all the Orks were to unite, they would undoubtedly crush all opposition.

Space Marines
The Adeptus Astartes (commonly known as Space Marines, and colloquially as Angels of Death) are the most elite and feared fighting forces of the Imperium. The primary unit of organization is the Chapter, a self-contained army fully equipped with its own transport, non-combatant support staff, etc. There are around a thousand Chapters, each comprising a thousand Space Marines. There are far too few Space Marines to form the Imperium's main military forces; instead they operate as highly mobile strike forces. They are entrusted with the most dangerous missions, such as lightning raids behind enemy lines, infiltration and tunnel fighting6. Through selection, training and conditioning, Marines are physically, mentally and spiritually superior to any other Imperial soldier.

Tau Empire
The Tau empire is situated inside of the Ultima Segmentum, near the Eastern Fringe. It borders the Imperium, and lies within the reach of the Astronomican. It has suffered many raids from the Orks, and also seems to lie in the path of several splinter fleets of Hive Fleet Kraken.

The Tau empire consists of a series of Expansion Phases and the Tau empire has gone through 3 phases of expansion already. These phases are a period of several Tau military campaigns during which nearby worlds are colonized, conquered, or sometimes peacefully persuaded to join the Greater Good (i.e. the Tau empire).

Tyranids
The Tyranids are an extragalactic alien race, whose sole purpose is the consumption of all forms of genetic and biological material in order to evolve and reproduce. Tyranid technology is based entirely on biological engineering. Every function is carried out by living, engineered creatures, each of which collectively forms the Hive Fleet, directed by a single Hive Mind.

Witch Hunters
The Ordo Hereticus is one of three major orders of the Inquisition. Their specific role is protecting mankind from itself, by combating such internal threats as treason, mutation, heresy and "witches". They are aided militarily by the Adeptus Ministorum's Sisters of Battle.

The Adepta Sororitas (also "the Sisterhood" or "Daughters of the Emperor") are an all-woman subdivision of the religious organization known as the Ecclesiarchy or Ministorum. The Sisterhood's Orders Militant serve as the Ecclesiarchy's fighting arm, mercilessly rooting out corruption and heresy within humanity and every organization of the Adeptus Terra.

There is naturally some overlap between the duties of the Sisterhood and the Inquisition; for this reason, although the Inquisition and the Sisterhood remain entirely separate organizations, the Orders Militant of the Sisterhood also act as the unofficial militant arm of the Inquisition's Ordo Hereticus.

The Adepta Sororitas and the Sisters of Battle are commonly regarded as the same thing, but the latter title technically refers only to the Orders Militant, the best-known part of the organization.

The Sisterhood serves as Ministorum's only official military forces because the Decree Passive rules that the Ecclesiarchy cannot maintain any men under arms. This was supposed to limit the power of the Ecclesiarchy. However the Ministorum were able to circumvent this decree by using the all-female force of the Sisterhood.

If your interested should visit www.lexicanum.com , its in wikipedia format so i think you should get the hang of it

The date is currently in the 41st Millenia

And note, i request pointless comments such as "40k sucks" or "i never did like 40k" i would like to be removed, And Please vote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

I voted for imperial guards, because of their name =P, and because they are humans. Space marines just doesnt sound nice =). Tho i have never played 40k only demo once and was quite good. But of warhammer i prefer more that sword and bow and magic time =P (aka medieval age of this 40k =)). Tau also looks nice...

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 07-17-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Orks all the way!!!

WAAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I love their background and beliefs For example: They have slight magic to them that allows them to use pretty much anything as a weapon due to them believing it is going to shoot bullets and so it does... If anyone else were to pick up the weapon it would not fire...

Also Their Beliefs about vehicles needing to be painted red because everyone knows that 'The Red Ones Go Faster' XD
Old 07-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I chose the imperial guard too because they seem to have the courage to fight against superior foes for Mankind and that really shows how dedicated they are, and it must take even more courage with that many casualties.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 07-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I chose Tau, not sure why... probably aesthetics
Old 07-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Eldar......
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 07-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Waaagghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

i used to play dark elder... they sucked in everyway. By bro was space marines lol won everytime. Even with the talos and raider they just got beaten by a lse cannon and the mulitplyer of melta nades etc. Still necrons carry a punch and were durabble so they went toe to toe with spacemarines and i would normallly come out ontop :P
Old 08-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

LordChaoticus has a default reputation

I'm collecting a Chaos Space Marine Black Legion. Nothing nicier than a bunch of fearless phycho's tearing everything of your foes apart, while excelling on all fronts.

Somehow I can't stand the loyalist Space Marines, despite the fact that the Empire is a facist regime and their superiority compared to other Imperial forces, they still tend to draw in a lot of teens. What's better than have the all-time favorite army, but twisted in the most sick and grotesque way, the Chaos Space Marines?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/c...aosmarines.jpg

By the way, for all those who voted for the allies of the "normal" Space Marines, a.k.a. the text for the Imperial Guard is written from "their" propaganda. In reality they're forced to combat or be shot by their superiors (Soviet style). Either way an Imperial conscript loses, either he's shot on his own side for cowardice or for not shooting enough or the enemy kills it. At least their own side is more forgiving if they win, naturally. But the vast majority dies. Imperial Guard is actually the most cowardly army and have to rely solely on numbers to overwhelm the enemy.

40k is a very dark and unforgiving universe. In the grim dark future there's only war.

Last edited by LordChaoticus : 08-29-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

i chose tau! they are awsome!!! altough i only got space marines and tyranids myself but thats because noone sells tau around and i quit collecting some time ago but i still got em...