Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto
Default Favourite Films?

Okay there may or may not be another thread about this but it is too late for me to care if it is

My favourite ever film has got to be Braveheart!! It is an amazing film about an amazing story... And it makes me proud to be at least half Scottish... (I am also proud of being Welsh too... Both are Celtic Nations though...) I love the film it is amazing!

And every time I hear the speech... I feel moved... It is amazing and I love the film so much

What are your favourites? Let us see what library we can build between us

Two similar films that I also love are:
Troy
Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

I don't have any specific favorites, it's always hard for me to pick a favorite anything perhaps "City Lights" by Charlie Chaplain.

I think Troy and 300 are very similar to each other but not even close to Braveheart. (other than the swords and saddles thing) which leads me to believe you might also enjoy a good comedy one, A knights Tale, based on "The Canterbury Tales". Plus it has Queen in it which in itself is awesome, a fun movie, you seem to lean towards "fun" movies. Of course you've probably already seen it, the reason they play rock is to show to us with our music how their music felt to them then though ^_^

Last edited by Aametherar : 07-16-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
I don't have any specific favorites, it's always hard for me to pick a favorite anything perhaps "City Lights" by Charlie Chaplain.
Have never heard of it sorry

I agree mostly... But Braveheart is such a classic I dont doubt the decision
Old 07-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

It's a silent film from 1932, so i'm not surprised heh. Probably why I listed it it's a great movie a lot of people havn't seen just because it's so old.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

My favourite is lord of the rings, all series. I just returned from harry potter 6 movie from cinema and must say it is becoming better and better (at least last two parts that were in cinema). Than there is also pirates of the caribbean.
Edit: oh damn how could i forgot, there is fan made movie (3 parts) with world of warcraft environment but it is veryyyy good, story and all, worth sEeing it - Tales of the Past (1,2,3)

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 07-16-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I love Tales of the Past 3! It really is a masterpiece.
But my favorite movie, I don't really have one.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 07-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

my favorite movie would have to be by far KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.it was directed by ridley scott (the same guy who also directed gladiator) and it gives a really powerful message throughout the story and has many battles including an large scale seige where bailion(the main character) gives a desperate and herioc defense in the city of jerueasalem with few soldiers (who were mainly poor and untrained peasents) against hundreds of thousands of muslims. what gets me is that ppl have fought over jereusalem for thousands of years because of the sacred and holy places that reside there, do you really think the gods that ppl worship there would want them to fight and kill each other over some stone? many times in the movie christians cried out the words IT IS THE PATH TO HEAVEN and GOD WILLS IT and went and slaughtered innocent people, why in the hell would god want you to kill????. throughout the whole movie priests preach that killing a sarisan (a.k.a muslim) wasnt a sin it was the path to heaven, im pretty sure that in christianity that every man is equal and it is still a sin to kill, no matter what or who they are, it just goes to show you how corrupt the churches were back then, all they wanted was the land wealth and power and they came up with an excuse to kill, its a horrible to even think that people would take advantage over someones beliefs and twist it around so much just to get you to kill for them so they can get richer.its all just a lie. but anyways i think this movie gives a powerful message and this movie is partially the reason why i dont beleive in religion itself. im a strongly atheist person if you havent noticed and sorry for the ranting on and on but this is why i love this movie so much and i just thought id share my opinion (im kinda hoping that someone agrees with me on my opinion about the whole thing) thx for taking the time to read
Old 07-17-2009, 04:33 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

http://reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164