Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

suggestion: moral - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 05:32 PM

Walter8724 has a default reputation
Default suggestion: moral

hello I would like to have the units s moral, so, if you are losing Batlla, units will flee and this would make more realistic jeugo. the presence of the hero could boost morale and reduce the enemy.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

No. No fleeing units. THIS IS NOT TOTAL WAR!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 AM

Moosegun is just above average reputation

Fleeing units is 'not total war' it is pretty much every conflict, ever, in the history of war. Just because Total War has it, doesnt make it wrong
Old 04-26-2013, 04:08 PM

GooberLord has a default reputation

I would argue that death-punishment of units, be it either the current system of total annihilation or the more permissive (and I think better overall for player and developer) system that Ailric described in this thread would naturally cause players to have units flee from battle when they got too weak. As it stands a player's best interest is to not mindlessly bash units together until the enemy die, but to carefully make sure their individual squads don't get killed entirely. When and how they decide to retreat, be it one squad, one section, or the whole army naturally happens for most players. Though moral is a cool idea, I don't think it should cause units to retreat such as in Total War as others pointed out (though Total War is great and built around ideas like moral very well).
Old 04-27-2013, 02:06 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

I'm sure that you know that..DOF is not a realistic game. It's more akin to wc3 in a sense. So fleeing units would not be a good idea. Diminished stats /w broken morale would make more sense.

And I'm pretty sure total war has the whole broken morale, fleeing unit thing down. Maybe because it is a simulation of um..every conflict ever?
Old 05-04-2013, 02:02 AM

Raven21 has a default reputation

No Moral!

this games engine elc isn't really built for it
+ on this type of game it would be super highly annoying. with the pathfinding issues already as bad as they are. they don't need anymore screwing up.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

First we`ll see how the new pathfinding and total war style formations play out in a patch later this month. After that if everything`s well with new pathing/formations - we might toy around with the morale idea. HOWEVER - in our approach to morale it`ll be mostly a useful gameplay tool - a way for damaged battalions to auto-retreat, so player would preserve his badly wounded units.