Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

kingdom under fire 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto
Default kingdom under fire 2

i was just surfing the web the other day and i came across this sweet looking game called kingdom under fire 2 and i was just wondering what some of you guys though of this game. it is supposed to be a mmoarts (not sure what the A stands for) but this games graphics put dawn of fantasys to shame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JrBnsNTW8s for a gameplay video (though its not all gameplay)
Old 07-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

They don't look any better than DOF's graphics to me, at least not from what i've seen.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

mmoarts may stand for massive multiplayer action real time strategy and I don't think the gameplay or the feeling will be as DoF. For now DoF seems to me much superior in gameplay.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:40 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
i was just surfing the web the other day and i came across this sweet looking game called kingdom under fire 2 and i was just wondering what some of you guys though of this game. it is supposed to be a mmoarts (not sure what the A stands for) but this games graphics put dawn of fantasys to shame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JrBnsNTW8s for a gameplay video (though its not all gameplay)
Yeah you do realise it is a cinematic? cinematics ALWAYS look good however that does not reflect gameplay... Some really bad graphics games have some good cinematics... And besides... All the monsters on that game look exactly like Middle Earth monsters... They even killed the troll in the same way you do on LOTR:Conquest...

And once again... It is Gameplay not Graphics that matters... But DOF has both...
Old 07-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Didn't like the trailer much, it tries to hard to hype you up by appealing to your 10-year-old sensibilities with rock music, hectic/blurry movement and guys in heavy armour doing acrobatics like they were wearing nothing but pajamas.

Also the shot of grass swaying in the beginning is very reminiscent of the WC3 intro, not to mention the acid spewing "Nazgul".
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

there were quite a few scenes in that trailer that was actual gameplay but i geuss i was the only one that noticed it. has anyone here ever played the original kingdom under fire games? (not circle of doom that one sucks) i love the games and i was just wondering if anyone here like them as well

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/...er-Fire-2.html

for the record i was not trying to say that this game was better than dawn of fantasy, im just a major fan of this series
Old 07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Woaaah lemme straighten this out, I realize there was gameplay footage, I didn't say DOF is better just because i'm waiting for dof, I simply said the graphics don't look better than DOFs and I stand by that and realise the diff between cinematic and in game graphics. I do agree with the total LOTR ripoff thing though.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
Woaaah lemme straighten this out, I realize there was gameplay footage, I didn't say DOF is better just because i'm waiting for dof, I simply said the graphics don't look better than DOFs and I stand by that and realise the diff between cinematic and in game graphics. I do agree with the total LOTR ripoff thing though.
Agreed :/

We may be followers of DoF but that doesnt mean that we are biased for it or against others... Many of us have played many other games and we have seen good games come and go... We have placed our hopes in DoF though, they may be misplaced or they may not...

We hope it is not, it seems it is not... But we cannot truly say as of yet
Old 07-10-2009, 07:03 PM

The_Biz has a default reputation

I saw an extremely sweet video of it last year, but no news since

I don't know if they're keeping the MMO aspect or just making it an action game. it was supposed to be 360/PC, so MMO might not be part of it

don't know why it's an RTS
Old 07-12-2009, 04:50 AM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

Real-Time-Stradegy*

Instead of a commander with an overhead view, your on the on battlefield, Whom which you can stll command battlelions/squads/ect, so yeah made it clearer? of do you want to invent a new genre and stick KuF2 in it??