Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

[Elves] Deer question and more - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Eleriath Eleriath is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5
Eleriath has a default reputation
Default [Elves] Deer question and more

Hi, I started playing yesterday as elf and i got some issues en questions to ask:

1.- I saw some videos about economy and stuff (Thanks Wilffio, your videos helped a lot) and I tried to work on that to begin, and I noticed something about deers:
Somehow deer dies and I don't know why. It's not that I'm with Greenpeace but I need to know if I have to replace the dead deers with new ones to maintain the food trickle. And...it's becoming quite weird because since I don't know the exact number I have...I don't know how many I have to replace.

2.- I try to run 50 deers more or less, and it gives me +7.5 p/m ...is that a good ratio? I also researched the Unicorn gold trickle and the deer food trickle...but I coudln't appreciate the boost in resources ratio.

3.- Crowns: Is it possible to gather, with effort and sacrifice ofc, enough crown to develop a nice and strong city? I mean researching stone walls, magic, etc.. etc.. etc.. or at some point the quests will run out and I will have to buy them with real money?

4.- When you go in ZOOM mode, in the world map, I get a message that if I clear the "map" I will get crowns. I usually kill all the green enemies, but I don't get any crown as rewards, I'm doing something wrong?

5.- is there a "penalty" if I have my army outside my town to save pop? Can it be attacked it's standing in the world map?
If someone attacks my city, only the units inside my city will defend? or it uses all the units you have across all the map?

Thanks!

if i have more questions i will post :P
  #2  
Old 10-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Percy Percy is offline
Human Sect:
Maceman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 18
Percy has a default reputation
Default

Also I have a few questions, if I may ask, given that this is about elves:

1. What are the advantages of each of the Elven starting zones. Especially that of the Alpine elves over the other elves?

2. Which combination is better of the following traits: Archmage, Siege Mastery, Forest Protectors, Forest Warriors? Siege Mastery + Forest Warriors sound good, but Archmage sound tempting for Alpine elves.

Last edited by Percy : 10-27-2014 at 12:37 PM.
  #3  
Old 10-27-2014, 08:09 PM
ReCoder's Avatar
ReCoder ReCoder is offline
DoF Moderator
Beastrider
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 338
ReCoder has a default reputation
Default

Allow me to help you both out a little bit if I may

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleriath View Post
1.- I saw some videos about economy and stuff (Thanks Wilffio, your videos helped a lot) and I tried to work on that to begin, and I noticed something about deers:
Somehow deer dies and I don't know why. It's not that I'm with Greenpeace but I need to know if I have to replace the dead deers with new ones to maintain the food trickle. And...it's becoming quite weird because since I don't know the exact number I have...I don't know how many I have to replace.

2.- I try to run 50 deers more or less, and it gives me +7.5 p/m ...is that a good ratio? I also researched the Unicorn gold trickle and the deer food trickle...but I coudln't appreciate the boost in resources ratio.

3.- Crowns: Is it possible to gather, with effort and sacrifice ofc, enough crown to develop a nice and strong city? I mean researching stone walls, magic, etc.. etc.. etc.. or at some point the quests will run out and I will have to buy them with real money?

4.- When you go in ZOOM mode, in the world map, I get a message that if I clear the "map" I will get crowns. I usually kill all the green enemies, but I don't get any crown as rewards, I'm doing something wrong?

5.- is there a "penalty" if I have my army outside my town to save pop? Can it be attacked it's standing in the world map?
If someone attacks my city, only the units inside my city will defend? or it uses all the units you have across all the map?
1. I'll do my best but if I answer this wrong I apologize, I don't 100% understand what you're asking. Deer do die to wolves at times, this is correct, and you can choose to replace them if you want. Alternatively, you could also hunt those pesky wolves every time they appear!

2. +7.5 seems really low, that's rather unusual. It could be that our resource counter bugged out again, maybe keep your eye on your food and see if it's increasing faster than it says. Please let us know of the results so we can look into this.

3. Crowns! Ah the heart of the economy, an ever evolving gem. You can get crowns from besieging the cities of the world! But beware, some cities are much more dangerous and rewarding than others! (Ask around in chat, people will be glad to help you with your first siege!) While quests do run out, you can always buy crowns with gold or continue to siege cities in the world to get more crowns.

4. Killing the green enemies? Not sure what you mean by that, please elaborate if I haven't answered your question in my previous response.

5. While there is no penalty, they can be attacked by another army of a similar power if you don't have attack protection! And yes, only the units inside of your city can defend, so be sure to have at least a moderate defense force and walls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy View Post
1. What are the advantages of each of the Elven starting zones. Especially that of the Alpine elves over the other elves?

2. Which combination is better of the following traits: Archmage, Siege Mastery, Forest Protectors, Forest Warriors? Siege Mastery + Forest Warriors sound good, but Archmage sound tempting for Alpine elves.
1. This is listed in each of their descriptions
2. That's all preference, but if you really want to know some more advanced tactics ask around in chat, people would be glad to share information that they've learned!
__________________
Head Dawn of Fantasy Forum Moderator
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________


Signature made by yours truly but inspired by the art of Aametherar the orc. Taking requests for sigs, PM me.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
  #4  
Old 10-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Eleriath Eleriath is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5
Eleriath has a default reputation
Default

Thanks RedCoder, for points 1 and 4 i have to following coments:

1.- About the deer. The scenario is the following: Im playing an elf city, so in order to gather food we train deers in the Sylvian shrine. Now, with each deer we make, the food trickle will go up, but according to the text, if we have too many deers, the food trickle won't grow up too much. The amount of deers, acording to forums and videos, should be around 50, so that's what I did, I created 50 deers. The problem is when I started to notice that some deer's bodies were in the floor, so I thought if I was loosing deers, then the food trickle would go down. I asked because I didn't want to lower the food trickle by randomly loosing deers, so I decided to replace them, for each deer i saw dead, i created another one.

The thing is...it seems that I've created many deers and reached the limit cap (I can't create more deers.). I still see dead deers in the ground, but it still doesn't allow me to create more deers so, in conclusion, those dead deers does not count towards the food trickle. Lesson learnt

4.- This has been adresses in another thread yesterday, and it seems that it's a bug.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9420

Thanks again for your response!
  #5  
Old 11-04-2014, 04:33 PM
ReCoder's Avatar
ReCoder ReCoder is offline
DoF Moderator
Beastrider
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 338
ReCoder has a default reputation
Default

Back to point 1.

If I'm not mistaken there are other wild "deer" that are in the elven areas so those dead "deer" you see aren't actually your units. You may have way more deer than you think!
__________________
Head Dawn of Fantasy Forum Moderator
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________


Signature made by yours truly but inspired by the art of Aametherar the orc. Taking requests for sigs, PM me.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
  #6  
Old 01-10-2015, 12:45 AM
whitecrow4 whitecrow4 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
whitecrow4 has a default reputation
Default

After protection timer ends can your city be attacked if walls have not been built?


After protection timer ends can any of your armies be attacked or only when camped?


Once you start PvP does your army need to be camped to start a war?


Once you start PvP does your army only attack cities or does it attack random armies as well?
After protection timer ends can your city be attacked if walls have not been built?


After protection timer ends can any of your armies be attacked or only when camped?
__________________
white
  #7  
Old 01-10-2015, 05:34 AM
lichlord9333 lichlord9333 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 108
lichlord9333 has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow4 View Post
After protection timer ends can your city be attacked if walls have not been built?
- That is possible but without walls its less likely if you click on your town you can see its strength an enemy army will be having a diffrence of 10% or up to 50% less if they use the brave option

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow4 View Post
After protection timer ends can any of your armies be attacked or only when camped?
- Any and all are open to be attacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow4 View Post
Once you start PvP does your army need to be camped to start a war?
- No campsites are purely to gather resources and to regroup and heal your soldiers it also gives you defensive bonuses as you can have a pallisade fortification

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow4 View Post
Once you start PvP does your army only attack cities or does it attack random armies as well?
- You can chose if you attack a city or army it will only search in the province your in or in the neighboring if you chose.

those 2 last question are already asked so I don't know why you did that.


As for the deer like Recoder said you can have way more then you know which is a bit sad sinds you have no clear indication how big your food from deer bonus is and how the deer population is doing or if it gets killed by wolves so it should be logged or so. So player can look up how much deer they have and how much food theyll gain.
__________________
"To punish and enslave" ;)
  #8  
Old 01-10-2015, 11:06 PM
maddbomber83 maddbomber83 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: West Texas
Posts: 45
maddbomber83 has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichlord9333 View Post
As for the deer like Recoder said you can have way more then you know which is a bit sad sinds you have no clear indication how big your food from deer bonus is and how the deer population is doing or if it gets killed by wolves so it should be logged or so. So player can look up how much deer they have and how much food theyll gain.
Transfer all food (or other resources) from your city. Start a timer. Go do some battles with your army. After 10 minutes (or whatever) check your city's resources and divide by your timer (in minutes).

This will give you your true resource gain (including bonuses, which the resource per minute display does not take into account).
__________________
Chat Interface Guide - http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Fantasy/Chat_Interface
Vassal Interface Guide - http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Fantasy/Vassal_Interface
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 PM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Kingdom Wars and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.