Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Update on the Update. - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

OrcSlayer has a default reputation

when an orc army is charging towaeds my strongold i want to be able to send a few workers to turn big wooden wheels to make hiden slanted spikes come out of the ground pointing at the orcs as soon just a they reach the walls
mabye the devs could implement a Galactic Civilizations ship builder style trap designer
Old 07-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Bdw those traps work usually only in movies, tho in past they did not have time or resources (greedy) to make them and it could be hard/imposible to hide it in some types of places. Beside usually its all wooden and you know what happens if you too long have it hidden in the grounds ? it rot + there could be traitors that would tell you they have those stuff there so they wont buy it. And why attack castle if you can wait till they starve and their "traps" are same as nothing. Than there is a building time and you have to be 100% sure there will come enemy that way + you change the look of the land.
The conclusion would be that they would be totally unrealistic and as said cause imbalances so i say rather no such kind of traps.

But in reality ppl could had in gatehause/bellow a hole, if you destroy gates they could move the ground in gatehause and enemies would fell into it. But devs would than have to do some sort of stuff that they could in some strugle come past it aka throw more bodies in it or make bride or those kind of stuffs. so this things complicate to much and are imposible to put them into the game mod context (because it is not just a trap but there are 999999 other things you need to look)

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 07-03-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Great screenshots, especially liked the elves lined up. Finally decided to sign up with beta so close, media release expected in 12 days as well is wonderful news. Very high hopes for the game.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Welcome then Haeso!

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 07-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylast View Post
Hurray eagles!! I don't particularly like eagles, but any kind of creature in a landscape helps even the poorest quality graphics look good. With DoF's beautiful scenery stand out and be alive. All in all, everything looks great.

Sorry to spoil your Fantasy, but that is a 'real' eagle, not a huge one you would find in the Lord of the Rings.

Quote:
Is it possible to NEVER pass that stage? it would be pretty cool if you could keep it like that just a small town, unwalled... Yeah it would be impractical but it would be a TOWN not a fortress... it would be cool
Buildings never change form to a higher tech, just higher tech buildings are built within the stronghold around them.

Yes you can just stay at a lower level, it is your choice when and what to build including your walls. Although not having walls in late game sieges, is completely insane on your part, unless your Orc,,, it wouldn't effect your mental stability.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Oh no, I meant you dig a ditch and put the walls inside it, cover the top up so it looks like normal ground, then when the enemy is inside you raise it up. from an underground area with wheels and giant ogres (or hordes of smaller units). Before mentioning the other stuff, the guy who mentioned galactic civ designer is accurate with what I meant when I said customizable traps, spore has the same type of thing. So that's what I meant when I said user customizable, and possible additions for more intricate type traps would be added in the future, like stuff you can move with giant wheels <.< lolol (yes i'm obsessed). Also for the guy who said run out and build it, I meant this for the mmo version not pure rts version :P

P.S. I agree, orcs are the perfect picture of mental health, nothing will deter us!

Oh and I hope theres an orc unit called the slayer, just to smite mr orc slayer.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

This is an old one, i guess, but I don't remember seeing it :

Old 07-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Ohh cool, I love how you can see the unit selection circle around 1 of em. (unless that's the map editor tool lol) Hmmm this game might be pretty cool with a pure sea war aspect "Sea wars expansion"

Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Cool screenshot, I don't think I've seen it either.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 07-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

Loving the screens, a three way army attack would be cool with all armies trying to batter one another.