Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

PVP battle unfinished - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM

Challenger2uk has a default reputation
Default PVP battle unfinished

Okay so starting from the top someone randomly engaged my army in pvp. The enemy player name is Foma, he started inside a double layered palisade walled camp. We engaged half way between my starting point and his camp.
After some time I was clearly winning he pulled all his forces back to his camp, I followed but with no siege equipment ( remember I didn't start the battle ) I attacked his gates with melee. Some time later I get in with just minutes to spare to attack him, by this time I had already sent some troops to wipe the NPC across the map.
After a successful engagement he again runs and as I have all knights and he has mounted knights he begins to constantly engage then run from me. No problem until I realize that the "Victor will be declared" timer just runs out and the flag disappears from the screen. The game is still running, I figured maybe it may take a while so I perused the player until it passes.
Some time passes and this guy continues to run circles around the map on his horses. Eventually after a 'GREAT DEAL OF TIME' I have killed all his forces, but nothing happens. I looked around the map and he has a stuck unit of horses in an NPC fort, I killed them. I find a troop of Dwarven Riflemen untouched stuck inside his camp. I sent troops to attack them but they wouldn't kill them and I tried different ways to achieve it even removing all my forces and trying just my hero. This didn't work and I expressed my anger in the Help chat, with a mod and Dev.
Eventually I get the message 'Player disconnected', I clicked okay and then clicked 'World Map' when on the world map everything was normal as if the battle never happened, troops full HP and all experience/levels gained which was a lot completely gone. No gold no crowns no win/loss. This is a great deal of my time wasted on a silly bug that needs addressed urgently.

Also while I am writing a book sized story for one thing here is a few things I feel need prioritized:
  • When attacking AI forts give them stone to use siege equipment
  • Make the AI use skill points on their units
  • Make AI more intelligent when defending their forts (i.e I just attack from the other side and attack them from behind)
  • Remove peasants working sound effects on world map
  • When re-entering my city my troops seem to be misplaced by a few feet
  • A 'Are you sure' with yes no answer when purchasing anything with crowns
  • and of course the many bugs revolving around pvp most importantly player disconnects

I believe these are more important before anything else.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:52 PM
DoF Moderator

ZvonimirG is on a good road to success

There are some similar reports about this issue, and DEVs are aware of it and looking into this problem. Feel free to post your log.txt files located in your game folder, just to help DEVs out.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:58 PM

Challenger2uk has a default reputation

Log.txt files
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (1.66 MB, 2 views)
File Type: txt Log2.txt (212.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Log3.txt (1.06 MB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log4.txt (692.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log5.txt (250.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Thanks for the report, the suggestions and the logs.

I see some errors in the logs that I also saw in logs from another player with a similar issue. I've made a fix for them and we'll be testing tonight/tomorrow with a small fix hopefully released tomorrow.

We'll look through your suggestions and add them to our list.

Main priority at the moment is bugs/server issues with a few minor improvements thrown in if we can fit them in.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We just released a fix. It will fix it for players who restart the game.