Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Disconnecting in PvP - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM

Dorrian is just above average reputation
Exclamation Disconnecting in PvP

This has got to be the lamest thing I have experienced so far in DoF. In a PvP fight this evening my castle was under attack and the battle was pretty even until I turned the tide destroying the last ram before it could get to my inner gates. I had victory in my clutch until low and behold the player (Fil1203 something like that) disconnects and I get booted to area map. What a crock of junk! I zone into my castle and all the damage that he had done was visibly present and on top of that I didn't get the victory, crowns, resources or a single piece of gold. I had to replace 10 leveled units(Knights), about 6-7 wall trebuchets and 7-8 ground trebuchets. During PvP I expect losses and normally have no problems with this but when cowards abuse the disconnect flaw its just plain wrong.

I know there are things that need to be worked on and fixed that's fine and dandy but when the mod tells you its normal and not abusing a game mechanic and there's nothing they can do, well that's not really a sign of encouragement for me or for anyone who feels this behavior is unacceptable.

So what is the official stand on disconnecting in PvP?

In the end Mat (Mod) was generous and from his on personal stash helped me with repairs, Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 01:47 AM
DoF Moderator

sengrath is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrian View Post
This has got to be the lamest thing I have experienced so far in DoF. In a PvP fight this evening my castle was under attack and the battle was pretty even until I turned the tide destroying the last ram before it could get to my inner gates. I had victory in my clutch until low and behold the player (Fil1203 something like that) disconnects and I get booted to area map. What a crock of junk! I zone into my castle and all the damage that he had done was visibly present and on top of that I didn't get the victory, crowns, resources or a single piece of gold. I had to replace 10 leveled units(Knights), about 6-7 wall trebuchets and 7-8 ground trebuchets. During PvP I expect losses and normally have no problems with this but when cowards abuse the disconnect flaw its just plain wrong.

I know there are things that need to be worked on and fixed that's fine and dandy but when the mod tells you its normal and not abusing a game mechanic and there's nothing they can do, well that's not really a sign of encouragement for me or for anyone who feels this behavior is unacceptable.

So what is the official stand on disconnecting in PvP?

In the end Mat (Mod) was generous and from his on personal stash helped me with repairs, Thanks
Totaly agree, there is nothing more annoying than person who is affraid of losing troops. Especially when the other guy is an attacker. He attacks > he gets crushed > he dissconects to save his troops >_< LAME!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:33 AM

Koppie has a default reputation

Yep, this lame quitting in PvP is very irritating. Happened to me twice after succesfully defending my hometown. No victory crowns, no registered wins...
Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

We will look into a better solution for disconnects so that the attacked player doesn't lose out unfairly.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

The problem we've had is that we've connected players peer-to-peer, so its upto the two players' computers to decide who has won, if one disconnects manually we could not detect which one.
Just recently we have intergraded Peer to Server to Peer, Down the road when a player disconnects the server will easily detect which player has disconnected and declare the other player victorious, the disconnecting player will also lose as normal as if he quit the game normally and the one who is still connected will win the game.

This is a big issue and we know that, but there are even bigger issues that we must address first.
Thank you for your patience.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM

nmoral has a default reputation

How can i know if i received the crowns for the winning and which amount? is there any record of resources/crown obtained in quest/pvp matches?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:39 AM

Vernascher has a default reputation

Did something change?
The last time the other one quit the game I was back to my home town.

This time my opponent quit right after beginning and I got the message:
"One Player left the game" ore something like that.

But there is no timer to end the fight, I can't move my units and I have to do the payoff thing to get of the battle?? WTF?
Why do I have to pay when the other one quits the game?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 AM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

DEVs are already trying to find solution for this problem
Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 AM

Vernascher has a default reputation

Thanks for the fast response
Old 04-11-2013, 01:44 PM

crazymax has a default reputation

It should be ok to get the victory points but...

There are players including me that crash often during sieges. For example, when I get sieged my game crashes every time at the start. I dont get crashed when attacking an army but just sieges.

It should be implemented to get points but should wait till the game patches so players like me can play the full game.