Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Biz View Post
lol $5000 pc

seriously $700 gets you extremely high end stuff. $300 will really play every game
do you mean hardware or a prebuilt computer all ready to go for just 700$ tell me where i can find one!
Old 06-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

I was looking at a pretty good Dell for $300 but would need to put in a $200 video card for the game. Could you guys recommend where I could get a video card for cheaper?

Thanks

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 06-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
I was looking at a pretty good Dell for $300 but would need to put in a $200 video card for the game. Could you guys recommend where I could get a video card for cheaper?

Thanks
I got my Lenovo for 540 Euros =) (laptop-the moving one =P) and it surprise me how good works on games =) (tho world of warcraft, warcraft 3, batlefield 21xx, halo, all on high details but had some problems with total war on many mobs and details)

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

I think most stuff has a lot of issues if you go too far on total war, but it is amazing how it handles that many troops so well.

What i'm hoping is that if they go with the plan of upgrading the graphics before the release they make it compatible with the old graphics so and give 2 options on install, this would open the game to a much wider base of players and leave for a high variance in minimum/recommended specs. One player could be seeing all these awesome fx while the other is just playing older looking graphics in the same battle, but the tactics remain the same. Call it Graphics pack one and two, but it'd certainly be a great way to widen the player base on both ends (people obsessed with graphics, and people who can't afford them or want the highest performance for tactics). There would be more money and revenue, heck you could even advertise that fact on the box to appeal a new game to lower end gamers. Great way for people who have friends they rarely get to play with due to pc spec differences etc. Just so many reasons it'd be awesome, and i'm betting it'd be worth keeping both up to date once the results are in.

Last edited by Aametherar : 06-28-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:04 PM

The_Biz has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
do you mean hardware or a prebuilt computer all ready to go for just 700$ tell me where i can find one!
hardware
newegg.com

if you want a prebuilt, you can still play all the games, just at a little lower settings.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Yep, do a lot of research find out the parts you need, and if you're too scared to build your own (even though you can learn off youtube tutorials it's honestly that easy, actually setting up speeds etc. can be a hassle so you may want help), then find a local guy who fixes comps and tell them you'l supply the parts if they can build it for you for their usual fix it fees based on time worked.

P.S. If you do build it yourself don't get a CPU fan that uses pushpins, just don't. Unless you're experienced (or even if you are) you might end up with a broken pushpin/useless fan, or worse (less likely if you're careful), a broken motherboard lol...Stupid cheap*** pushpins -.- Ask anyone who's built a computer what they think of pushpins, they'll rant for an hour.

Last edited by Aametherar : 06-28-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Quote:
seriously $700 gets you extremely high end stuff. $300 will really play every game
A gaming computer needs a case, a power source, a hard drive, a dvd drive, a motherboard, a CPU, a graphics card, an ethernet card, a power supply, and an operating system. This presumes you don't need peripherals like mice, keyboards, speakers, and a screen.

Even presuming you go cheap, you're unlikely to get your computer for under $1000. If you got a good deal from a supplier, then I could see you putting something together for around $1000, but personally I think you're better off shelling out $2000, because chances are it'll last you longer.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Any news about the system requirements of DoF ?

Edit: just looked at the Official FAQ Thread and here it is , the system requirements. LoL me.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
Any news about the system requirements of DoF ?

Edit: just looked at the Official FAQ Thread and here it is , the system requirements. LoL me.
nope, not much,
Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

After seeing again the system requirements, was wondering about if the game will work with low detail and resolution on a

PC: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 945GCM-S2L
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
Ram: 1016MB RAM
Gfx Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

Not for else, but as i mentioned some time before, I would like to play this at work on spare time... working for public administration is not always a busy job.