Kingdom under Fire 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 07:04 PM

firelordzx has a default reputation
Default Kingdom under Fire 2

Hi people

Is a been a while since I wrote in this forum

I gonna talk about this game and well i'm not sure if here has people that know about this game.
when I was watching some videos on youtube there was a video with a video with an interesting picture as a preview, when I click to see the video I was impressed with the content of the video, showing a warrior (or a young general) and showed an army behind him outside the walls of a castle or fortress prepared against a horde orc and ogres ...

the next few minutes the two armies clash in a carnage and the camera focuses on the warrior who leads the human troops against the horde of orcs from a third person perspective, it shows the warrior fighting against orcs with only a sword and a gun until a group of dragons with orcs mounted on them come flying over the battlefield, burning with their breath of (green) fire to everything it touches, the warrior looks the wall and the camera focuses on the walls a battalion of elven archers ready to shoot and the video ends...

I were seaching more about the title of the game showed in the video...
the game was a normal game with a single player and a normal multiplayer until the company (blueside) change the genre and become a MMOARTS (Massive Multiplayer Online Action Real-Time Strategic) the gameplay seem to be a mix of the actual RTS Mechanics and Hack and Slash

the only forums that I seached was the gamespot forum, the people on that forum lost their "faith" on the game because the korean company changed it to a MMO

so what you say people? what do you say about this game?

EDIT:. I think that I double post by accident :S

Last edited by firelordzx : 06-09-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 PM

aramsm has a default reputation

Hi firelordz,

Im not sure if this game will really be released. I did a lot of research, looking for another MMORTS since Ive started playing DoF. I found this game, it looks nice but still is not what I really wanted for an MMORTS.

It looks like dinasty warriors in an MMO world. There is a class, strategist, wich can control units etc and other classes like traditional MMO classes like warrior and stuff. They call it RTS just because of one class, the strategist. Im not sure how it will work though, but I wanted a traditional RTS in a persistent online world, I mean: isometric camera, everyone build a base and armies and in combat mode you cant build bases, you just manage your troops. In other words: the same propose of DoF but with a persistent world. I didnt find anything =/

So in summary, besides DoF, in an ocean of crap MMORTS games this game could be an alternative, although its concepts are different.

I think it looks more like an MMORPG than an MMORTS.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Zekarde has a default reputation

Unfortunately its been delayed many times over, I think it was originally slated for 2009 or so... while I was super excited back then I have since become increasingly skeptical, though I do really hope it turns out well. I would have ran out and bought it back when, but if it does actually release I will probably bide my time and see what people say about it.

Last edited by Zekarde : 06-10-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Cerberus has a default reputation

All the kingdom under fire games have been great, really excited for this one. They should be in close beta or close to it in korea. They have a separate site for korea with updates and what not. BTW, any class can control units like the previous games. You have to be a certain level to start doing it though.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Been waiting for it to come out for 3 years now, I had some inside info that I think is not under NDA - but to play it safe - I`ll just say there is still a very good chance Blueside will release the game in 2013 - late fall.

With delay in funding and dev team almost going bankrupt and tons of other obstacles - it`s been a bumpy road. Bluside did dig the hole themselves though - as they changed the gameplay from the good old KuF gameplay - to a sort of mmorpg character development with some RTS elements. They had some major issues with the online component (we went through similar trouble with DoF when we switched from regular rts to mmorts) and things ended up costing a lot more than they originally planned.

I do hope we`ll get to play soon.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:43 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

it looks nice
Old 04-13-2013, 10:45 PM
DoF Moderator

Avenger has a default reputation

I am hearing june this year!!!!!!!

I have been waiting SSOOOOO long for this game and all I can say is it better be worth it!

Regnier, so b/a
Old 04-27-2013, 02:04 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

haven't seen anything related to it..doubt it