Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Suggestion: Dragons - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 PM

Malevolent has a default reputation
Default Suggestion: Dragons

Dear Dev team, thanks for an awesome game.

My suggestion is in regards to dragons. As it stands now, dragons add a huge amount of strength in your army, but in PVP especially when there is lag they offer very little utility for it.

I have played using 3 dragons, 2 Royals which I bought ($20 worth), and an Ice which was a gift from a referral.

All three dragons have died in PVP, and in one case one of my Royals, level 20, versus a human army average level 5, my royal dragon melted in 2 seconds from bowfire during massive lag and I didnt even get to click on the dragon breath.

This is seriously bad.

I mean seriously, 2 seconds of bowfire and I didnt even get to burn a single archer?

Its not just me being a crappy player then blaming lag either, I have fought against dragons several times and in every case have killed the dragon without so much as breaking a sweat.

Worst $20 bucks I ever spent was on those two royal dragons. Yes two, because after the first one died I figured maybe I was just doing it wrong, then when the second one melted in 2 seconds I realized that no, Dragons just arent worth having.

So for my suggestion: Please raise the resistance caps on dragons, granted an 80 resist versus pierce dragon would be an absolute nightmare, but the current cap they might as well be made from balsa wood and paper - hell arent dragons supposed to have notoriously thick armor?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:26 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

We'll be making it so Pierce Resistance can be increased on Dragons, just like other units.

This should be in the next patch.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:06 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

i made 100 pvp with my dragons never losed one

drgons are not made for be launched in middle of 20 melee unit, but to harass with fireball and defend your shooter units if someone try to reach it for example with cavalry.

if you send a dragon to charge is obvious that his entire army gonna focus on it and he not last much.

consider dragon lev 20 matters nothing maybe you skilled it very very bad.
you need to max his hp regen and health point first

but yes they need to put back old resistance wich where higher like 40-40-80
Old 04-09-2013, 08:17 AM

vicious, he had max regen and after I maxxed pierce resist (which granted wasnt much) all the rest went into HP.

The problem is when you have a large army and the game is lagging you cant do the run in - run out thing, it simply does not work. The enemy with 10 bow based units is going to melt your dragon while you are desperately clicking on the map trying to get it to back back out of range. With the lag I experience I DIDNT EVEN GET AN ATTACK IN.

Kudos to you because you are so damn good with dragons, but my opinion is that $20 and two dead royal dragons later, they should not be so weak to arrow fire.

Sorry but $20 should not be so easily lost
Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 AM

SadClown is just above average reputation

Dragons should in fact be nerfed, due to the lack of a "attacking while moving" ability. They can just run spamming fireballs and you can do nothing about it.

For god's sake don't buff those things.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Shingles View Post
We'll be making it so Pierce Resistance can be increased on Dragons, just like other units.

This should be in the next patch.
Thank you greatly. Something to consider is that Dragons take up 10 slots in an army while a hero takes up only 4.

Also Dragons add a huge amount to an army strength, my Royal which was 27 added 500. For this amount an enemy can zerg you with bow units, or maybe 10+/- Dragon Hunters. There is no counter for a dragon when 10+ arrow based units are focus firing it.

Heros are tiny, and when you have armies the size of which appear versus a dragon due to how much str it adds to an army they are easy to miss and have a great advantage while a dragon is a gigantic target.

The biggest imbalance I think comes from the lag. If the dragons cannot tank a substantial amount of bow damage, even vicious and his "uber ninja-like strafe in and out skills while ignoring the rest of his army to die since you cant select a unit or give it orders during lag quick enough" skills will not save a dragon from concentrated bow fire that you are LIKELY to encounter vs an army that shows up based on the 500 points your royal added to your army strength.

Maybe Dragons utility and COST (120 for a Royal versus maybe 30'ish for the average hero) needs to be scaled versus hero units because as it stands dragons are far more novelty than utility. Kind of like having spent a huge amount of money on an old restored model T car, quite the novelty but practically useless on a modern freeway.

75+ resist for pierce IMO would be appropriate.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadClown View Post
Dragons should in fact be nerfed, due to the lack of a "attacking while moving" ability. They can just run spamming fireballs and you can do nothing about it.

For god's sake don't buff those things.
I have fought 3 battles so far versus dragons, and in every case I killed them.

I have fought 3 battles with dragons in my army, and in every case, my dragon died.

I do not agree.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Altariel has a default reputation

There is a POLL in another section of the forum, concerning what future factions could be introduced. You can go there and vote :

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=78544