Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Archers forget how to shoot - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 01:02 PM

Asvan has a default reputation
Default Archers forget how to shoot

I played a pvp match siege as a defender and both our archers simply didn't shoot, both elves, the bolt throwers did shoot and the female wardens too but all the rangers simply didn't shoot.

i think but i'm not sure that the fire ability has something to do becouse i recall that at the begining they shoot but when we switched back (becouse we wanted more fire rate) they stopped.

thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Thanks for the report. We'll add it to our list of things to investigate and fix.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:47 PM

Calixo has a default reputation
Default archers bug

Hi i got quite a similar problem but a moderator told me to post it anyway, i was doing a quest with the elves, and at a moment my archers stoped attacking, they could move, when i clicked to attack the orcs they were moving towards them at sight so they could attack, but they just stood there waiting to get slaughtered by the orcs... i was able to move them but they still didnt want to tattack wheras all my others units such as sentinels could. I try relogging, but nothing could do so i'm posting hoping you could solve this problem, ty
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 PM

Makaze has a default reputation

Wanted to add to this I had a similar issue with the bolt throwers. When I put on hold fire they kept shooting and when I hit the stop button they would all immediately fire (and not cost any stone)...machine gun bolt throwers. They then stopped shooting but I couldn't get them to fire again when I took the hold fire order off and gave them a target. Eventually they came to their senses and acted normally.

-Makaze
Old 04-07-2013, 09:17 AM

Zyfer has a default reputation

i had an elves archer problem aswell, i made them go into the wind stance and they would NOT come out of it again, no matter what i did, they just stood there in their green glow changed stance back and forth, didnt work, seems like the elves archers are a bit iffy
Old 04-07-2013, 05:35 PM

bandor has a default reputation

I'm getting tons of problem with elf female warden archers and dwarven gunners.

They just don't want to shoot. Only reliable way is to move them in range and click stop. Not ideal at all. Attack move seems to cut their range in half if they even fire at all. I stopped using the elf ranger archer because the stance they do never works and often bugs your units.

Sometimes while units are moving I can toggle attack move off/back on and they will fight.

I get this sometimes with melee but it is not as common.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Ithilieninho has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calixo View Post
Hi i got quite a similar problem but a moderator told me to post it anyway, i was doing a quest with the elves, and at a moment my archers stoped attacking, they could move, when i clicked to attack the orcs they were moving towards them at sight so they could attack, but they just stood there waiting to get slaughtered by the orcs... i was able to move them but they still didnt want to tattack wheras all my others units such as sentinels could. I try relogging, but nothing could do so i'm posting hoping you could solve this problem, ty
An annoying "problem" I've come over is enemy units not attacking me, even though I'm burning down their entire town... Or wolves who just lie there waiting to be attacked.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Altariel has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyfer View Post

i had an elves archer problem as well, i made them go into the wind stance and they would NOT come out of it again, no matter what i did, they just stood there in their green glow
It happened to me a few times, with Elf archers (level 0 rangers), both in my home region and during the first quest outside of home -- against Orcs, as mentioned by another poster (Calixo) on this thread :

Quote:
i was doing a quest with the elves, and at a moment my archers stopped attacking, they could move, when i clicked to attack the orcs they were moving towards them at sight so they could attack, but they just stood there waiting to get slaughtered by the orcs ... i was able to move them but they still didnt want to attack whereas all my others units such as sentinels could.
In my home region, I was going to attack human bandits to accomplish a quest. The hero and the sentry moved forward to attack, but the rangers just remained in place, glowing green after I had put them in their wind stance. Surprised, I did not react in time : both the hero and the infantry were killed by the bandit mob.

Later on, I was going to attack Orcs in the first quest outside of the home region. The same thing happened : all non-archers (hero, sentries, enchanter) charged to engage the Orcs, but my several ranger units did not move, collectively generating a huge green glow on the map. This time around, I reacted quickly and retreated without any losses -- but the quest was not done. I did not risk trying to accomplish that quest again, not trusting the rangers.

I have seen that issue mentioned on at least one other thread : it is a big bug which should be addressed. As it is now, I only play the Elven faction, but my confidence in the ranger archers is shaky. Since I suspect that the bug is related to the wind stance, I do not use it on the rangers anymore.

Last edited by Altariel : 04-08-2013 at 09:23 AM.