Memory leak and crash. - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 05:08 PM
DoF Moderator - Tech Support

Jester0311 is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester0311 View Post
Try reverting your DPI back down to 100% instead of 125% this has been known to cause some issues.
Aside from the issue, I was rather disappointed haswell is still 22nm. In regards to the xeon unless your getting a helluva price they are crap in comparison.
Take full advantage of the ivy-bridge with a Intel Core i7-3930K, can be pricey though.
Ive attached the DXDIAG form my laptop for comparison if you like.
Please allow me to apologize if i was out of context or out of line on my "crap" content, i strictly meant in comparison to the 3930 of which i myself could not squeeze into my rather generous budget as a project completion bonus Though i feel i got the most bang for my buck.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:00 PM

bandor has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester0311 View Post
Please allow me to apologize if i was out of context or out of line on my "crap" content, i strictly meant in comparison to the 3930 of which i myself could not squeeze into my rather generous budget as a project completion bonus Though i feel i got the most bang for my buck.
3930 is 12k on passmark

the 1230 is only 9k

So 30% faster in raw cpu power, but 100% more expensive. I agree, performance wise the xeon is crap in comparison. But I can't justify the price.

I just got my debt all paid off, the IRS off my back, and custody of my 2 kids. Lesson learned never get married. So my budget is a bit tight.

I'm pulling the trigger on the newegg order for the xeon friday, still thinking over the mobo. asrock z77 in the lead.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:50 PM
DoF Moderator - Tech Support

Jester0311 is just above average reputation

never had a problem with an asrock in general though i can t speak personally on the z77 i've heard good things. Though not long ago my shop has boycotted ASUS ( kinda sucks that we have to ) due to receiving not 1, not 2 but 3 flagship mobos with bent/deformed proc pins. They proceded to blame us by saying we attempted to put the proc in with plastic covers still on them. Not going to rant and preach the expierience levels of our three man shop but we are the kind of people who take perfect high end systems to the geek squad just to mess with them On final note im not saying dont buy asus im just sharing my expierience with them on a professionalism aspect and i still "personally" own asus equipment. LOL spend 6 figures a year with someone and they call you morons LOL

Regarding your budget send me your specs/shopping cart. I have reps who work for us at CDW, Tiger Direct, PC Mall, PC Connection, Clevo (AvA Direct). PM me and ill hook you up with one of them with my discount. Might squeeze that extra part in there or an upgrade