Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Ever feel like this game is getting nowhere? (Screens inside!) - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

kyama has a default reputation
Default Ever feel like this game is getting nowhere? (Screens inside!)

I'm hoping i'm wrong. But last night, i was looking up more information about this game. And I noticed it was suppose to come out in 2005? This is weird since then, no information ever came out about anything. I know there is some stuff you can read on this site, but nothing concrete. No units to see, No gameplay, nothing. I get the feeling this game isn't getting anywhere. Looking at ppl who registered here, it seems like hardly anyone knows this game is even coming out. This isn't an attack thread, so please don't make it seem like that. I'm just stated my opinion.

Edit:Ever feel like this game is getting nowhere....I know i mispelled title
Old 06-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Fixed your title for you.

While this game has been pushed back on numerous occasions (I've been following it since '07, so two years now), there are indications it's finally in the final stretch.

Good games take a surprising amount of time to create, and RTS games are finicky because there are a lot of details that take place "under the hood". I'm sure everyone laughs at the AI getting stuck because of bad pathing in a shooter, but if that happens even occasionally in a RTS it's gamebreaking. I'm frankly quite happy that they're taking the time to make this a good title, and avoiding the pitfalls of the cheap and the rushed.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:56 PM

The_Biz has a default reputation

they're new developers
the game is getting somewhere. they might have underestimated how long it would take to do a good job, but they're making progress
Old 06-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

kyama has a default reputation

I sure do hope so. Even thou i don't know much about this game yet. For some reason, I have a feeling this will be a nice game.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Reverie is a small, and up until fairly recently, independent, developer. For most of the devs, this is their first real game, so they're learning as they go. They probably were close to releasing it years ago but as times goes by, they have to update all the graphics and everything to make the game able to compete with modern games. And when funds and resources are limited, this is a very long and tedious process.

Is this game getting anywhere? You tell me.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

Besides the game is getting somewhere now
Old 06-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

This game is getting somewhere. Because these guys are new to game developing, and with limited funding, it takes a lot of time... So I hope you understand that there might still be a long wait ahead of us, but in the end we'll get something nice.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
they might have underestimated how long it would take to do a good job
Right on the mark. Also the big delay was redoing all the art assets back in 2006 - but that something that had to be done.

Here`s the production screenshots..I picked the 2 most impressive screenshots from each year.If someone has more screens from 2001-2003, post them up!

Indie team, few members, DoF as a hobby

The humble beginning at Heavengames forums

Our faked engine tech trailer with no animations - notice the stuning level design, it`s the only thing we had to show for back then.

First animated units battling it out - note the high poly models

We took the technology and art assets we had as far as we could.

Independent Developer, team expanded to 20+, 3 members started to work full-time

We scraped all old art and started on visual update and getting Elven and Orcish races in.

Things really started to take shape in 2006. Campaign and skirmish, new art, although visual technology still needed work.

Company office moved to Canada, 7 members started to work full-time, good amount of funding came our way and this turned into a job

DoF as we all know it now. From that point on most of out time was only spent on gameplay, and mmorts, the new idea we got in Feb 2007.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

You guys sure made a jump between 2001 and 2002. You should totally add the smiley face as a cheat unit.

And the 2003 guys are funny, they look too stiff in their armor to move their arms.

Looks good though.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

TNX for sharing all this stuff's with us.