Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

WHATS ETA now - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Don't get me started on Blizzard "taking their time" on things, but it's nice to know that you guys care enough to make the product good even though it may take a while.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 08-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

What we need is a closed beta 1 phase to start compiling a list of issues while you finish up on some basic features like graphics with the map etc to speed things along and smoothen them out <.< >.> go orcs? Ok this isn't 100% self centered though I actually think it's a good idea.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Cool star craft 2 is going to be really good if they aren't rushing it,,, we're like them, we cant release a game that is not finished, so we too will release when its done; setting a date is simply an estimation, and well I estimate early 2010 depending on several things. Delays suck I know, but at least the game will have a chance to not suck!
As long as the beta comes out sometime before 2010 so we can start testing/giving feedback I'll be happy.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 AM

Liljagare has a default reputation

Hope it takes the time it needs..

Nothing like waiting for a game, anticipating it, and then paying for a beta-product..

Happens waaaaaaayy too often!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Ndition has a default reputation

Patience is a virtue!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndition View Post
Patience is a virtue!
I have no virtues i'm an ogre. CBCBCB! *Bangs club repeatedly on ground stomping up and down*

Old 08-19-2009, 12:59 PM

deino has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
I've been concerned about that for a while now, and I'm sure you have, too. On the bright side, however, I haven't seen any other decent RTS games that are nearing completion other than DoF and SC2, so although you have one titan of a competitor, it may well be your only real competitor.
Hey, don't you guys forget SupCom 2 It might not be such a titan of a competitor as Starcraft 2 is but IMO it will definitely be a better game and I would imagine that it might have a pretty similar target group to that of DoF.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

I think SC2 will be better than Supcom2 but you need to watch out for both, though.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Elite Member

I think in the end DOF will have much more customization which draws the crowd, and it's also fantasy based so it hits that crowd and scraft is more sci fi which will also likely have a great deal of customization so thankfully I think DOF will still draw all the fantasy crowd that still goes game to game, and I think they'l stay long for this one with the customization, that's not to say they won't also try Starcraft. In any case I really don't see supreme commander being a major competitor here which short of past fans will be crushed by Starcraft, of course it has enough of a fanbase to do well, but I don't see it grabbing many new ones. My main worry is DOF not getting enough publicity/advertising, but they havn't even started that campaign yet so it could do great for all I know. It'd be easier to predict if we knew the publisher, if it's a new one I do worry though, I have seen several games with potential do bad due to new inexperienced publishers.

But then I guess we know nothing about them so we can't assume good or bad...and shouldn't assume regardless <.< which makes me question why I even typed all that up...

Last edited by Aametherar : 08-19-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Thanks Aametherar for saying basically nothing. But this needs more publicity than word of mouth because not really that many people know about this game. Now, I don't know how to get publicity other than running around shouting about it(not only in games), which I could do(in games, not real life).